5

5

ALEX WANTED TO MURDER HIS FATHER FOR TALKING to his mate like that, she was just trying to figure out what was going on. Which is something that everyone should've been doing, but why weren't they? Alex went into his father's office and said, "you know that everything she was saying made sense."

"The last thing we need is someone who isn't in our wing investigating what happened to those children. Get Julius on it and make sure he cleans up behind himself this time. Do you smell that girl's scent?" asked Alpha Kane.

"Now that you mention it, no. Why?"

"She didn't have one, all humans have a distinct scent. I couldn't smell it on this one. Do you think maybe a witch used a shield spell on her?"

"Dad, she just got to town yesterday. Besides, who would have put a spell on her and for what reason?"

"Do you think someone knows about our plan?" asked the alpha.

"How would that even be possible. The only people that have talked about it are you, the counsel, and I. And I know for a fact that I haven't told anyone." Julius walked into the office; his shirt was off. Alex and his father immediately changed the topic.

"Where have you been since the pack meeting?" asked Alex.
"I have a mate guys, who has needs."
"Well look, Dr. Kate Shepard is on to you. Make sure that you and

your pawns are keeping things tight and clean. If she exposes you or your involvement with them, your career as a police officer will be gone." said Alpha Kane.

"Raja met her today, he said she seems very bright and smart. I'll keep an eye on her."

Julius and Alex left the office in silence. They had been friends for the longest time. Julius was originally human, but when he came out as gay to his family, he tried to commit suicide. He was dead for five minutes before Alex used his blood to save him and bring him back. The two have been inseparable since.

"How's Raja, is he doing ok since well... you know?" asked Alex.

"He's been doing fine, it's his first night staying by himself. I hope nothing happens."

"He's strong, he's been through a lot. He's lucky to have you with him."

"And I'm lucky to have him, but... there's something I have to tell you."

"What is it?"
"You know Raja and I haven't had sex yet, right?"
"Yah you said that he was waiting for the right time," said Alex.
"I lied to you and the alpha earlier. I wasn't with Raja after the pack

meeting, I was with another guy... and we had sex." "You did what Julius!?" yelled Alex.
"It was some dude I met on Grindr."
Just then, Alex's pager went off.

Another homicide.