Chapter 2

All three of us start talking about anything new that's going on in our lives or what other projects we may have begun. Bella has taken up knitting and shows us some of the ones she has done. They look bad, but we encourage her to keep going and that she'll get better with practice. Hadrian is starting his brewery. A project he and William can share. They always wanted to do business together and opening a brewery is the perfect opportunity for them. Chris runs his own company and is only an investor in the brewery.

Hadrian rolls onto his stomach groaning, "I'm hungry" as he buries his face more into the pillow.

Huffing a laugh I rub his back comfortingly, "You're right though we need food. All morning we've only had caffeine."

Bella offers to start making food, but we hear the door open. Hearing two sets of footsteps, William and Jazz walk into the kitchen. Jazz wraps her arm around Bella's shoulders as she's walking to the counter.

Hadrian stands up so fast he practically runs to the food, and before he can reach it he's stopped by William. "No thank you kiss?"

"Oops sorry love!" he kisses William, "Now, it's time for food."

All of us who are watching chuckle at his antics. Always letting it be known that he's hungry and needs food to function.

All of us catching up with each other while eating lunch is great. Soon enough an hour has passed and some of us have to return to our jobs on a Sunday. Sunday of all days. Who works Sundays?! Crazy people. That's what my friends are. Crazy. I'm glad enough that I don't have to work on the weekends. Working the afternoon shift til closing is not as taxing on me as the morning shift was. It also helps with me getting more sleep. Well trying to at least. I can't help that I'm an insomniac and need sleeping pills to help me get 3-6 hours a night.

Hadrian and William need to get back to their brewery and get it in the most perfect condition to be able to have it running properly. Jasmine has to go back to the studio to continue modeling for this new makeup brand. That leaves Bella and me.

Bella goes to grab her keys, "Come on. I'll take you grocery shopping. You need food and I know how bad your eating habits get."

"Ok, but I get to pick out some of the junk food I like."

"Deal."

We make our way to the parking lot behind the apartment complex where her black Nissan is. It's a comfortable car and was the first gift Jasmine gave Bella when she got her first paycheck as a model. Bella drives to the nearest grocery store and I get everything I need that can last me a couple of weeks. I got all my favorite snacks and some treats for when I watch my favorite show of all time. Doctor Who.

I love Doctor Who and watching it helps pass the time, but also I feel better rewatching something because I know what happens next. I hate the not knowing part and that drives me crazy. That's also why I like to reread some of my favorite series because it gives me a sense of calm, but it doesn't always help me when I feel emotional during certain scenes.

On the way back to my place, my friend notices I'm zoning out. Always thinking and overanalyzing the what ifs, the could have beens, if I said this instead of that. Overthinking is a curse at times. This time I am thinking about that man. That strange man who I saw disappear as if he were a figment of my imagination. Oddly enough, I want to see him again. Figure out what he was reading, what he was wearing, what kind of glasses was he wearing, and whether he is actually real or someone I made up? I barely even registered we're parked outside of my home.

Bella snaps her finger in front of my face. "Finally, I thought you would never get out of your head. Tell me. What's on your mind?"

"Nothing," I say as I shake my head.