SLEEP - WLW

HER 1 Practice had overrun sooo late, like it was supposed to end at 8pm and its 9pm now, which means I'll be home by 9:30pm minimum, but I've got my girlfriend over tonight and I know how tired she's been recently so I hope she hasn't decided to stay up for me. I hope she's not mad at me either, it wasn't exactly my fault and my mum messaged her when it was supposed to be over so she knows where I am, and that I'm thinking of her, which I always am.

Me and my mum are silent as we get into the house, my dad will be on his night shift now so it was just my girlfriend and my dog until we got back. I made sure to shower and change in the changing rooms at practice rather than waiting to do it at home where I would cause a ruckus and accidentally wake her up. 

The dead of winter means that when I get into my room its pitch black apart from my lava lamp that has been going since I left, it casts a pale purple hue over the room and I stare at my girlfriend as she sleeps peacefully, her book is open and her phones only on 20% at the charging port which means she probably stayed up as late as she could push herself to then gave up, probably a bit after my mum messaged her.

I sneak through my room quietly clearing things away and putting my kit in the washing basket, picking up clothes from the floor, closing the curtains etc. 

My rooms big enough for me to the bed in the middle, so I don't have to clamber over her to get into bed, I finish up my errands before rinsing my face off in the bathroom and carefully clambering into bed, careful not to wake her up. I shuffle under the covers and slowly turn to face her, only to find her eyes fluttering open in that half sleepy way they do in the morning. I give her a big grin and she snuggles into the duvet under her nose, attempting more sleep. I silently laugh and drag my arm to throw across her waist so I can drag her into me, she sighs and nosies her face into the crook of my neck where I begin to rub her back soothingly and pull the covers to tuck in her back. She curls into a ball into my torso and shivers so I hunch over and encapsulate her into my warmth.

HER 2 'I missed you' I yawned into her chest, she squeezed me tighter and kissed my head,

 ' I missed you too baby', I let out a content sigh and as soon as my head hits the pillow I was out again. 

HER 1 I feel her breathing even out before I even considering trying to sleep myself, despite my borderline damaging posture, I've never felt comfier than I am right now with her in my arms, with that thought I drift off into a dream.