CHAPTER 11

The plush interior of the limo hummed quietly as it navigated the glittering streets toward The Beverly Hilton. Beside Scarlett, Nate maintained a posture of calm, his hands folded neatly in his lap, but the tight set of his shoulders betrayed the turmoil brewing beneath his composed exterior. The discovery of the contraceptive pills had left a jagged tear in the fabric of his trust, sparking a conflict between his initial surge of betrayal and the love he bore for his wife.

He was quiet throughout the ride, his gaze occasionally drifting out the window, then back to Scarlett, who looked radiant and unaware of the storm brewing within him. Nate's mind wrestled with the possibilities: Was she still taking them? Had she stopped? The weight of not knowing gnawed at him, urging him to confront her, yet he restrained himself. He didn't want to cast a shadow over their evening with unfounded accusations or let doubt tarnish the purity of his trust in her.

Scarlett sensed the tension in Nate, despite his attempts to hide it. His silence was uncharacteristic, and the subtle tightness in his jaw spoke volumes. "What's wrong, Nate? You seem a bit off tonight," she asked, her voice tinged with concern, reaching out to touch his hand.

Her touch, warm and familiar, almost made him flinch with the reminder of their shared dreams of starting a family—dreams that now felt like they were on precarious ground. As Nate turned to face Scarlett, the sincerity in her eyes, the gentle concern etched on her face, he found it hard to reconcile the image of the woman he loved, who talked excitedly about baby names and nursery themes, with someone who would secretly sabotage those plans.

Looking into her eyes, his turmoil began to subside, the storm inside him calming as he remembered all the moments that had built their life together. Perhaps there was an explanation, a reason for the pills that he couldn't yet see. Doubt slowly ebbed away, replaced by the warmth of his deep affection for her.

Nate reached out, his hand gently caressing her cheek, a tender gesture that bridged the distance his suspicions had created. "Everything's great," he said, his voice soft but firm, a smile breaking over his face as he let go of the fears that had momentarily clouded his heart. "I was just thinking about how lucky I am," he added, the words as much a balm to his own uncertainties as they were a reassurance to her.

Scarlett smiled back, relieved to see the familiar loving glow in his eyes, her own heart lightened by his reassurance. As the city lights flickered by, their reflections dancing in the windows of the limo, the moment felt like a reaffirmation of their bond, unspoken promises reaffirmed without a word.

The Beverly Hilton shimmered under the soft glow of the evening lights, its majestic exterior radiating an aura of opulence and prestige. A red carpet stretched out from the entrance, flanked by velvet ropes and lined with throngs of eager paparazzi and reporters, their cameras flashing in a symphony of lights. Outside, a crowd had gathered, craning their necks for a glimpse of the illustrious guests arriving for the 50th anniversary celebration of Whitmore Global Media.

Among the sea of prominent families and business tycoons, all eyes were on one couple in particular: Nate Whitmore and Scarlett Winters. As the CEO and the exclusive celebrity actress of Whitmore Global Media, they were the epitome of power and glamour, the faces that represented the company's unparalleled success. 

With each step down the red carpet, Nate and Scarlett exuded confidence and poise, their presence commanding attention and admiration. Cameras clicked furiously as they paused to pose for photos, their smiles radiant and their demeanor graceful.

Inside The Beverly Hilton, the air buzzed with excitement and anticipation. Lavish floral arrangements adorned every corner, and crystal chandeliers cast a warm glow over the impeccably dressed guests mingling in the hotel's International Ballroom. Waitstaff circulated with trays of champagne, adding to the air of celebration and sophistication.