CHP 8

OB•SES•SION
; the state of being obsessed with someone or something.

AZAI S. REYES

It has been a month now, living with johari. And azai was supposed to been left. But now her apartment didn't feel like home any more. Johari's house did. The two had created a tight bond over the past month, not wanting to let the relationship they had fade away. Johari had no problem with her staying with him longer.

"Hari!" Azai called out, pausing her movements. She could hear him sucking his teeth with a few cuss words being enchanted. Azai had been bothering him on purpose all day. And as much as johari loved being in her presence, he was growing annoyed.

"Yeah, ma?" Johari answered in a raspy tone, walking into the bathroom, with one hand in his pants and the other rubbing his chest. He had just woken up and she could tell. "I told you to stay up! we have somewhere to be." Azai fussed, slicking her hair back into a low bun.

"Where we goin'? you ain' tell me shit about going out Azi." Johari yawned, leaning against the door frame with his head tilted. He in fact did remember her telling him that they we're going out, but had forgotten not wanting to admit that.

"Mhm! yes I did. I said we were going to my studio to paint, because you said you would go with me, remember?" Azai reminded, closing all her hair products before turning towards him with her arms crossed.

"Ian' gone lie. I don't remember that shit mama. I was prolly' high as fuck when you told me, but we can go lemme get myself together." Johari said, not wanting to see the frown on her beautiful face any more.

"Okay, and hurry up!" Azai cheesed, walking out the bathroom and towards her room. She had a very big passion for painting, so johari painting with her excited her. She also had a small game they could do, that she had seen on tiktok.

Plopping down on her bed, azai grabbed her phone and began looking through it, for something to do in the meantime. Decided on going on Instagram, to be nosy she accidentally clicked on diarra's Instagram story.

Diarra and Izzy, we're posted up in a club it looked like, rapping a song together. Azai could feel her heart clench in hurt. Yes the three didn't have the best relationship as of now, but it didn't hurt any less seeing them having fun without her.

In the end, the three grew up and fulfilled everything together. Up until they reached their high school years. Izzy and Diarra began experiencing things that Azai was not interested in.

She wasn't interested in doing drugs. Neither hyped about having sex, which was what they were doing at the time. Azai was focused on her studies, hoping to graduate with a high GPA, which she achieved. Sighing, she exited the story and turned off her phone, not wanting to remain on it any longer.

Perhaps it was time to move forward. She was stuck on childhood friends who didn't care about her anymore. Things don't end up staying forever, and she needed to understand that.

"You good?" Johari questioned, walking into the room while straightening out his slightly wrinkled white tee.
Azai's dapend mood seemed to light up, and the presence of him.

Johari was her friend right? She had nothing to worry about as long as she had him. "Yeah, just thinking about something." Azai replied, standing up from the bed.

"Mhm come mo' we taking my car." Johari muttered, snatching his key from the table. Azai didn't complain because she didn't feel like driving anyway. The two walked out to the garage and got in the car.