Chapter 24: Empty

Start from the beginning

But I don't care, he is a grown up man, he can survive a fever.

I enter my house and I go upstairs in my room. I do some homework and then, now evening, I lie on my bed.

I scroll on Instegram and a post of Hyunjin pops on my feed. My body freezes seeing what kind of photo was that.

It's him in a tank top and in the photo there is mainly his bare and trained arm.

But my heart stops as soon as I read the caption.
"Since you seem to like this kind of photos..."

Is he referring to... me?
I blush and I cover my face instantly.
I'm so embarassed. I hope I got it wrong.

But... should I like this post? He is my boyfriend after all.
After a very long debate with myself, I decide to like it.
Right after doing that, I yeet my phone away and I slip down the blanket. I can't believe I did it.

I take a deep breath and I calm down. I wasn't the only one who liked that picture so it's not a big deal.
I reassure myself.

Let's think about tomorrow. I need to choose the dress.
Tomorrow I won't go to school, Felix texted me that we will all meet at Hyunjin's house in the morning and then go to the party in two separate cars.

I'll tell this to my mother later, I don't think she is going to say no.

I open my closet and I examinate every dress. I don't have many because I never have occasions to wear them.

At the end, I opt for a black silk dress. It's long till my ankles and it's long sleeved. It's kinda adherent but not too much.

It highlights my waist and doesn't make my shoulders bigger. I really like it, I'm happy that I can finally give this dress a chance. I rest it on my bed so that I can wear it tomorrow. I pick a pair of black shoes and a silver necklace.

I think it's going to be fine.
I finally go to sleep and I turn off the lights.

Shit. What to I gift to Jeongin? I open my eyes again and I turn on the lights. I can't make a draw for him, it's not original anymore. I need something else but I don't know him enough to know what he likes or not.

What do I do?
Now it's too late to do something, I'll go out early tomorrow morning to buy him something.

I lie down again, falling asleep.

//time skip to the morning//

I wake up and I sigh. I have to buy that damn gift. I dress up quickly to then leave the house.

I enter in a near shop. They sell accessories like watches, wallets and also jewelries.

I look at the prices and I gasp. I don't think I can afford any of these.
But I can't go at his party empty handed.

I can make a sacrifice for once. I decide to go for a pair of earrings, since I saw him wearing them.

I chose a pair with a small triangle pendant. They are cute so I hope he will like them.

I grab then and I go to the checkout.

<These ones please.> I say to the female cashier. She nods taking them.

<Sure. It's ₩65.000 (around $47)> I gulp. I picked them also because they weren't that expensive compared to the others but I don't think I've ever spent that much for something.

I also nod, opening my wallet.
I start to gather up all the banknotes I need but an arm pops from behind me.

<I'll pay for both> A voice says, placing a bunch of banknotes on the counter together with a shining clock.