𝟎𝟕 ┃𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫

𝐌𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐲

𝐌𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐲. I think it's just because I'm an Aphrodite kid, a girl at that. And honestly, I'm not the best, but I wouldn't say I suck. I walk over to the archery fields, grabbing a bow and arrow and setting up, when I hear someone behind me.

"Hey." 

I look behind me to see a boy with brunette hair and tanned skin. I've seen him around, but don't know his name. He's looking straight at me. 

"Hi?" 

"I'm part of the Apollo cabin. I'm Theodoros, but most people call me Theo." 

"Okay...?"

"Do you have a name?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

"No, actually, I go by girl and firecracker." I say sarcastically, and he laughs under his breath. 

"You're funny. Aphrodite?"

"How'd you know?" 

"Lucky guess." 

"You need help?" Theo asks, clicking his tongue.

"No, I'm good." 

"You sure?" 

"Are you new?"

"No."

"Okay. I don't need help, Theo."

He smiles. "Alright." 

I turn away, walking away to find an empty target, leaving Theo rolling his eyes and helping a younger boy with his archery. As soon as I reach a target with no one using it, I stand straight, pulling the string on my bow and arrow back, letting go. Bulls-eye. My shoulders loosen. 

"Not bad, Aphrodite girl." I hear straight in my ear, and look in the direction of the noise to see Percy walking by, avoiding eye contact.

"Like you can do better." I mutter in a hushed tone when Percy left the archery fields. 

I catch Theo's eye as I grab another arrow. Why is he staring at me? Strange. I shake the thought off, focusing myself on archery. He's not looking at me, still? Right? Why do I care, anyways? In an attempt to take my mind off the glances, I pull the string back on my bow and arrow, when I hear a loud voice.

"Fix your posture." Says Theo, somehow right next to me.

"My posture is fine." 

"Whatever you say." He comments cockily, but then his expression changes. "Hey, you're close with Arabella, right?" 

I raise an eyebrow. "Yes. Why?" 

"Would you mind setting us-"

"Yes, I would mind." 

"What?" 

"I do mind setting you guys up, because she's not ready. So piss off." I command, eyes narrowed. His hands raise and he backs away.