chapter three

chapter three
admirer

chapter threeadmirer

Y/N POV

              "So, his last name is Schlatt. And we don't know his first name?" Alex asks me as I write the man's name on a note card and stick it to the bulletin board in front of us.

"No idea" I shake my head. "Maybe we can ask around the company" I hum. My eyes scan over all the notes I have stuck to the board. "They do those tours around the building sometimes, right?" I look back at Alex.

"Only to people who are trying to get hired there.." Alex mutters. We both stare at each other and gasp. "Undercover mission!" He screams, grasping onto my arms and shaking me. "Oh my God. This is gonna be so cool!" He exclaims.

"Okay, first off. Backstory" I point a finger at him as I take a seat in his chair.

Alex nods repeatedly. "Y/N L/N, she moved from England to the Big City when she was only a mere child. Her family died--"

"No, don't say that, I'm not pretending to have a completely dead family" I refuse to make up that lie. He scoffs but compiles.

Alex continues. "Fine. You live with.. uh, your boyfriend! Which will be me!" He boldly changes the story as he places a hand on his chest.

"Nuh uh" I blow a raspberry. "Why can't I live with my brother or something?" I cross my arms and lean back in the chair. "And.. can't you just stay back this time--?"

"Because! Also why would you like living with your brother in Big City? Me being your boyfriend makes so much more sense. Plus, I'm always your amazing fake boyfriend" He coos, slumping onto the back of the chair and looking down at me. "The ladies just don't see my potential" He sighs and holds his head up with one of his hands, his elbow pressing into the top of the office chair. Techno laughs. "Hey!" Alex shouts.

"I didn't say anythin', man!" Techno holds back his snickers. "I-I think it was actually Y/N who laughed. Not me" He shakes his head.

"I did laugh because you're stupid" I agree with the claim. Techno laughs again due to my response. I hesitate for a moment. "..If you want to be the boyfriend so bad, I'll let you" I shrug.

"Let's go!" Alex cheers. "Okay! I'm gonna get the rest of the story planned out. I need you to find out if they're accepting jobs at the moment, and what positions are available" He tells me. I nod and get up from his chair. "Call me when you find the shit out," He adds.

"I will, don't worry" I wave him off as I walk away towards my desk. My desk was actually weirdly a bit far from Alex's, it wasn't like it took me over a minute to walk there though.

I take a deep breath and sit down in my chair. Foolish (or Noah, but he's so foolish that we call him that), my desk neighbor, looks at me. "So, you're going undercover again?" He asks. I sigh and press my head back into my chair. "I take that as a yes?"