chapter two

chapter two
crypto biz

chapter twocrypto biz

SCHLATT POV

             "Connor!" I call out to him, clapping my hands as I rush (but still walk) over to the elevator. Connor grabs a stack of papers off his desk and runs over to me. I watch him step over his own shoe and fall face first onto the floor. His head lands at my feet. "Rude of you to assume my voice was the floor talking to you, I'm taking money off your paycheck to buy me a new self-esteem" I tell him. I spin on my heel and continue to walk to the elevator while Connor scoops up the papers.

Connor stands up and runs to my side, his arms full of unorganized papers. "Uh, I actually fell" He corrects me. I click the button for the elevator and then glance down at Connor. He was my assistant, my buddy, my good ol' pal. He wore Sonic footie-pajamas to work everyday which just proves how awesome of a guy he is. "Please don't take any more money from my paycheck. You already took ten dollars off my paycheck when I accidently shredded your tie in the paper shredder" He reminds me.

The doors to the elevator slide open and a few workers walk out, nodding their heads my way. "You're lucky it wasn't a hundred dollars-- I was wearing the tie when you put it in the shredder. How do you even manage that?" I roll my eyes and cross my arms behind my back. Connor and I both step into the elevator. "Anyways, are those the papers?"

Connor presses the (tiny, small, hidden) button to go to the basement and then stands back by my side. "Yeah. The three men from Tuesday night contacted us about what had happened and seemed really upset. I printed it off so you could read it" Connor explains as he passes me the eight pages full of complaining.

My eyes scan over the first page. "We are very upset-- boring! Too long, didn't read!" I exclaim, tossing the papers behind me.

"Uh, Schlatt. They put a TLDR at the bottom of the eighth page.." Connor points out. He crouches down and grabs the last paper and passes it to me.

"TLDR: if you don't give us the drugs we'll kill you" I read. "Ah, that explains the stuff I didn't want to read!" I smile and nod. "So, do we have what they want?" I ask Connor as I drop the paper down back on the floor.

"If no one snorted it, yeah" He replies as he shrugs. Connor begins to scoop up the papers again since they were confidential and we can't let anyone peek at them.

"Great! Great!" I exclaim, slapping a hand onto his shoulder. "And what about that company? What was the name..?" I stare at the ceiling and hum as I try to recall the name I was thinking of. The elevator door opens and we both exit.

"I'm not quite sure.. but they seemed pretty sleep deprived" Connor points out. "And they're down here too. I'm sure the three of them are very confused on why you called them back here" He chuckles, probably hinting somewhere in that sentence that I was an amazing guy that didn't deserve to have my time wasted.