Prologue

"Hi.. Vivian Lumière?" I asked the lady at the front desk as she nodded and handed me my keys.

"Just sign this for me, you're on the third floor, and your roommate already checked in this morning," she said, a smile plastered on her pink lips.

I thanked her, grabbing my suitcase and keys, and made my way to the elevator.

I sighed as I entered the elevator, the homesickness beginning to kick in. A couple of moments passed and I arrived to my floor, looking at the number on the key.

Room 304.

I unlocked the door and was met with a girl sat on the first bed in sight, her headphones on and her laptop out. She had blonde hair and brown eyes.

As the light shifted in the room she to my presence, her attention was drawn onto me. The moment of realization kicked in as I gave her a friendly smile and a wave, her expression immediately changing from one of shock, to absolute excitement as she kicked off her laptop and removed her headphones, squealing.

"Oh my Goodness!" She yelled as she ran up to me, hugging me ever so tightly.

I was in utter shock. I didn't really know what to do... I mean, how does one even know what to do in these kinds of situations?

So I just awkwardly hugged her back, she finally let go of me. Her prominent accent showing.

"I'm Chiara," she said with a wide smile.

Chiara was wearing nice, comfortable clothes. A simple baby tee and some shorts, her shoes laying underneath her bed.

"I'm Vivian," I replied back, giving her a smile.

"Oh nice name! Are you French?" She asked me as she started walking back for her bed, throwing her straight her behind her back as she patted her bed, the smile still on her face as she signaled me to sit next to her.

"Sort of.." I started as I made my way towards the spot. "My mom is Lebanese, but my dad is," I paused for a second, "French."

Chiara made an 'o' shape on her lips.

"What about you? Your accent seems to be from Italy."

"Si, I am Italian," she laughed as moved her laptop away.

"So, Vivian. Want to go get some gelato? I want to get to know the person I'll be sharing a room with for the year.. plus I'm really craving gelato," she laughed, which made me laugh aswell.

I nodded, "that sounds great, I'll just change and we can head out." I said as I got up and grabbed my suitcase, throwing it on my bed, unpacking some stuff.

"What's your instagram?" She asked.

"It's vivianlumeire, why'd you ask?" I furrowed my eyebrows as she started typing on her phone.

She shrugged, "i like to follow my friends on instagram- is it the same username as your TikTok?"

I hummed in reply as I grabbed a denim short skirt and a black tank top, going into the bathroom to change.

Two minutes passed and I came out of the bathroom, my eyes grew large when I saw Chiara and a go-pro out.

"Are you a filmography major?" I furrowed my eyebrows as I grabbed my phone and some cash.

"Funny you should ask," she laughed softly, "I'm a- content creator."

My eyebrows furrowed even more. "Oh. That's cool."

Chiara chuckled, "for a second there I was scared, I don't know why."

I smiled at her, "I don't really care what you do Chiara, sounds pretty cool being a content creator though." I shrugged as I made my way out the door, Chiara following as she locked it.