The Final Tour

The atmosphere feels tense as Crowley and Y/n make their way outside the school and towards the last dorm, Diasomnia, with neither of them saying a word and instead focusing on looking ahead. Begrudgingly choosing to let go of the topic for now, the Devil Fruit user looks up at the sky as they descend the stairs and reach Main Street. It all feels so tranquil, and while it helps her let go of her frustration with the Headmage, walking by all the statues brings her back to her dilemma.

A thought pops up in her head, about how she should go about picking her dorm, but she immediately stops herself. Y/n still needs to see one last dorm, and she isn't going to try and choose before giving them a try, they deserve a chance! Already with how incredibly indecisive she is about this whole ordeal, she knows it's going to be a hard decision. And what if she doesn't want to choose, does she really need to pick one of them?

Y/n lets out a sigh through her nose,

'Man, school is a lot harder than I imagined! I thought it was just showing up, sitting down and then go home... but at least most students seem interesting here.'

Entering the Hall of Mirrors, Crowley awkwardly tries to open the conversation again by explaining something about the school's history as they go to approach the mirror, but the Devil Fruit user doesn't pay him any attention. Arriving on the other side of the mirror, the Headmage flinches as he watches Y/n's reaction but stops himself from commenting. Instead, he recalls the events of the previous day when she showed off her ability to turn into ink. Even though Crowley wanted to question her about it, he can feel she isn't in the mood to answer him.

Her body returns to normal and as they're about to go down the path, a familiar student with a young face appears out of nowhere in front of them.

"Lilia!"

"Vanrouge?"

Surprised to see both the Headmage and the Devil Fruit user here, Lilia quickly adapts to the situation, telling Crowley he'll take it from here while guiding Y/n towards the dorm building. With how fast everything happens, Crowley doesn't even get the chance to utter another word to the woman before she's too far away to hear.

"Seeing how late you've arrived, I'm assuming our dorm is the last one left for you?"

Lilia asks, to which Y/n confirms and explains how she just kinda went with the flow of it. A comfortable silence is about to settle between them, but before it can she remembers,

"Oh yeah! So, I finally get to meet Malleus?"

"Hmm... not today, unfortunately."

"Hah?"

Shaking his head, Lilia looks to the side as he frowns and recounts earlier events,

"After he returned to our dorm and I told him about your offer, the lad got so elated he wanted to "be prepared" and left to do something, but he must've lost track of time again since he hasn't returned yet."

From his phrasing, the woman gets the feeling that this is a reoccurring thing. At first disappointed they won't get to meet, it quickly fades away as she reassures herself she's bound to meet Malleus at one point or another and tells Lilia the same thing. Appreciating her effort, the Vice Housewarden adds,

"Actually, there are two more students in particular that you might be interested in befriending."

Curious to those students, Y/n wants to ask more about them but Lilia already walks ahead of her and enters the dorm,

"Come, come! You still need to actually look around Diasomnia."

Y/n follows in after him. Walking around the hallways, there isn't much that sticks out to her, with the exception of the green flames hanging on the walls, as she listens intently to Lilia telling her about the Thorn Fairy and what the dorm represents. Every now and then he reminiscences about things as though he knew or was there personally, even if it was supposedly a long time ago, but Y/n doesn't question it.