Not Minks

Stepping out of the mirror and into the Hall of Mirrors, Y/n tries her best to stop her body from spazzing out.

Her reaction improves slightly, her body still wobbling and shaking in a weird way but for a shorter time.

'Eugh... damn, I gotta get used to mirror travel. Riddle never answered my question, but I don't think there are other ways of getting to the dorms.'

"Uhh, are you okay??"

A boy with animal ears, who isn't wearing the weird robe, is standing in the center with wide eyes and stands rigidly.

"Yeah, that just happens because of the mirrors, don't worry."

The boy can only look at her in bewilderment as she waves him off. Is he really supposed to just take her word, act like it was normal and not worry about it? Then again, he doesn't really want to get involved in whatever is wrong with the woman,

"Uh-huh... anyways. I'm Ruggie, and I'm going to be the one showing you around out dorm, Savanaclaw. Let's go, it's already late."

"Alright, lead the way! Ah, I'm Y/n by the way."

Y/n follows behind him as they head towards a mirror with two lit torches and some animal bones, the portrait of a lion with a scar is at the center of the top. Ruggie is about to enter the mirror, but takes a step back and gives Y/n a concerned glance. Seeing no traces of hesitation on her face, he walks through with her following right behind him.

Y/n has the same reaction as earlier and Ruggie does his best to pretend everything was normal, averting his gaze from her and scratching the back of his neck, he points towards a large building that looks like it was carved out of a mountain.

Letting out a quiet "woah", Y/n takes a moment to look around. It was a strong contrast to Heartslabyul, the biggest difference being that while Heartslabyul is full of lush greenery with every little leave trimmed to perfection, this place is a dessert. A few animal bones lay around and a few trees and bushes are visible, but most of the plants look dried up. On a tree that's in front of the dorm hangs what Y/n assumes is their flag.

"C'mon, it's already late and I still have to show you everything inside."

Nodding towards the entrance, Ruggie doesn't wait and starts walking towards it. Y/n catches up to him as they finally enter Dorm itself.

Arriving in front the lounge, the Devil Fruit user looks around at all the students that are still hanging out there, being loud and rowdy.

'I don't think I've ever seen this many minks in one place... wait they're all furless, are they even minks??'

"Are you guys Minks?"

"What?"

Ruggie wonders for a second if she's being bizarre on purpose, but listening to her explaining in full detail what Minks are and can do he starts to question even more where the hell she came from,

"No, we're just beastmen but we aren't like those Minks. The most we have is better hearing, taste sense and physical abilities than humans."

Y/n only hums in response, looking forward to learning what more this world has that hers doesn't.

'Stronger than most humans, huh? I really want to see who the strongest here is and see what they can do...!'

Taking one step into the lounge, all the students stop what they're doing as their head whip around to observe Y/n. Not expecting such a reaction she stays still, unsure if she did or is doing something, and stares back at them. The staring contest lasts less than a minute and the students slowly return to whatever they were doing, only in a much more calmer manner than before.