Chapter 2:

-Adrienne-

I see the mix of surprise and shock on my sister's face, then i see fear. I see her desperation as she pretends to collapse and falls off the balcony. I see Henry reading the paper, then hearing her scream.
I see him running and catching her. Then a flash of anger crossing his face, he drops her. I see her look at him in shock as she crashes down. Then I see her lay limp on the stone ground of the ballroom.

But as I see all of this, I hear my mom screaming bloody murder. I hear Saybelle crying aloud and whimpering. I hear myself call out "Nooooo." I hear the crowd go from whispering and booing to yelling and screaming. I hear my sister let out one primi wail. I hear her make contact with the ground. I hear myself collapse of the ground crying.

But as I hear all of this, I feel Gabriella's despair and devotion to Henry. I feel my mom's pain and worry. I feel Henry's love and anger. I feel my heart thudding to fast, scared and sad and angry and anxious all at the same time, but most of all I feel the crowds disbelief and betrayal. Their perfect princess Gabriella, she betrayed them and Prince Henry, she had a good life and she pushed it away. I know how that feels.

I stay there in the same place until Gabriella is taken away. Even after I stay there. It's not tell Saybelle tugs me up that I move.

"Do you think she will be alright?" I say tears still streaming down my face.

"I don't know, but I hope so." Saybelle whispers. We walk together to a parlor room where we sit down. Mom walks in and paces the room tell she sits across from us.

"Let's see, how are we going to calm the public's recent panic and get Prince Henry from making this situation any worse?" Mom says, I can feel how stressed and worried she is.

"I don't know? Tell them it's not true?" I say.

"That won't work. The reaction of Gabriella is too intense for that not to be true and the public knows this." Mom sighs.

"We could apologize and explain?" Saybelle suggests.

"Apologize?" Mom repeats.

"Wait, hear me out. If we explain and resonate to the crowd. Maybe find proof that Prince Henry isn't the best either. And she wasn't happy. Then the kingdom could settle down." Saybelle says.

"That's actually not bad, let's do it tomorrow. We'll stand on the main balcony and apologize. That works." Mom looks less stressed now.

"How is Gabriella?" Saybelle asks.

"The doctors have not informed me yet, but she was still alive when they found her." Mom smiles slightly. "But she likely will not be able to attend any events for the time being. Because of the public and her fall."

"I'm so relieved that she is alive." I say. "I feel responsible because I saw her lean over the edge and I could've saved her."

"Oh honey, don't worry, you are not responsible for her actions. I was even closer and I was paralyzed in place as well." Mom tucks a strand of hir behind my ear. "Just thank god that Henry, even through his anger. Saved our Gabriella's life."

"Yeah. Thank god." I make a sad smile and lean back into the couch.

———————————————————————————

I curl beneath my pine green satin bedsheets. My white silk nightgown cool to my skin. The castle is fast asleep, I miss the hustle and bustle.

I flip off my sheets and slip on my fuzzy white slippers. I find a green robe greeting me at the door, which I readily put on. The palace gets rather drafty at night. I put my hand on the cold stone wall. Guiding me without a light. I trace them all the way to a big door.

I pull on the handle, locked. I hear footsteps behind me. I look. It's a guard. He smiles and hands me a set of keys. He looks unnerving, it's not until I turn the lock and walk inside, until I realize why. His eyes reminded me of when I look in the mirror. We have the same eyes.

I keep this revelation to myself. And walk through a short hallway to a door, I pull the handle and open it up. There inside a bed is my sister.

I hear her breathing softly. Up and down. In and out. One of my teachers once told me I was a sensual learner. I learned better with pictures, sounds and feelings rather than with books. Not to say I don't like a good book sometimes but her explanation made sense, I have always liked attributing senses to events.

My steps make no sound as I approach her bed. I sit besides her and tell her random stuff. The time goes by fast and she sleeps through it all.

Eventually I look at the clock and realize three hours have gone by, soon it will be dawn. I leave the room quietly, whispering a goodbye and head up to mine.

In my bed I quickly fall asleep. Listening to the castle waking up.

———————————————————————————

I carefully apply eyeliner on my eyes. Mom always tells us this is what maids are for but I'd rather to it myself. There. Perfect.

I put on a short blue flouncy dress and apply a watermelon pink lipstick.

I walk out the door in my black high heeled boots and almost crash into Saybelle. She is wearing a similar red dress, red lipstick and red heels. We smile.

We walk down the hallway hand in hand and continue walking this way until we reach the grand doors leading to the balcony.

"Stand on either sides of me, girls." Mom gestures to the left and the right. She looks worried. She wears a Burgundy dress. Slightly poofy. Looks to me that it is made of velvet.

I go on her right and Saybelle moves to her left. We stand up straight and proud while the guards open the gates. We walk out on the balcony and we hear the kingdom roar.

"Settle down please. We have come here to apologize. Our Princess Gabriella has made a mistake. One that is not easily forgiven. But as I understand, this very same mistake has been made by our ancestors. All of ours. From bakers to Dukes. Even kings and queens. We understand that this is wrong but being a Princess has certain laws."
Mom pauses and then continues. "You are not aloud to date or marry anyone besides princes. You cannot be lesbian. You cannot break up or divorce your partner. Only the male can."

Now it's Saybelle's turn. "Princess Gabriella felt stuck. She made the wrong decision but are you going to judge her if she wasn't in love or happy. Prince Henry is a magnificent person. She knew that. However as the laws state, she was not aloud to break up with him. Only he could." She steps back. Now it's mine.

"We apologize that our Princess has broken your trust and disappointed the whole kingdom. Though she was stuck in a relationship she didn't enjoy. That was not the right decision. So remember that, not everything is as perfect as it seems." My eye catches on a newspaper delivery man. He throws the newspapers out into the crowd. Even manages to throw one on the balcony.

"Trust me, you'll want to read this one," He shouts up at us. "Read it. Now!!" He calls out to the crowd.

The people bend down to grab them. The unravel the newspapers and their jaws go slack.

My mother unravels one and we all crouch over it. I read the headlines. I look up in deep shock. I can see Saybelle's lips spelling out are you ok. I shake my head and run. This was not how anyone was supposed to find out. I remember the warning. All three oh us will have a secret revealed. Saybelle is next.

I can still see the big black letters, imprinted in my mind.

Princess Adrienne is Secretly a Lesbian

———————————————————————————

Hi!

I hope you loved it, tell me in the comments what you think will happen next.

Bye!!

———————————————————————————