𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒

-𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐃𝐄-𝐈𝐒𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐑𝐀-

After a short vacation to Italy to relax a little of the past days it was time to get back into my life again and get everything straightened out. I need a place to stay, I need to find a new rhythm... I need a new life routine. I was walking along the sidewalks in the heart of London. I was walking towards a cafe where George and I had agreed to meet for a coffee. We would catch up after a while. We hadn't seen each other since the court day and even then we didn't get the chance to speak. I was pulled outside because of media attention. Chris was huge in the economic world and I was huge in the law world... it pulled a lot of attention and I tried my best to respond to them without giving them a lot of information. I really needed media training. I arrived in the cafe and looked around. I spotted the blonde haired guy. The same gentle and polite smile on his lips as always as I approached the table. I sat down on the opposite side of the table.

"I ordered you a cappuccino... since it's your usual order."

"Thank you. That's very sweet of you."

"No worries."

"So... how have you been?"

"I've been fine. Now the more important question. How have YOU been?"

He laid a clear emphasize on the word you as he looked at me.

"I've been better. I feel a little lonely to be honest. At first I was always busy with work to get away from Chris but I never realized I slowly pushed my friends away with that as well. I have Theo but hanging out with someone who has to ask your name every 2 minutes is tiring. Besides that work is busy, I'm trying to find an apartment so I can get out of my parents their house and that would also reduce travel time and costs to work. In short... I've been busy trying to figure out my life since Chris is gone."

"That's a lot. Let me know if I can help you with anything alright?"

"Get me out of my parents their house. They keep yelling at each other and I'm tired of it. I haven't slept well in ages."

"I do need someone to house sit for 3 weeks? You could live in my apartment for a few weeks if you'd like? If it's something in your interest after 3 weeks you could move in? I'm not home that much so I like knowing that somebody is there. You know... the thought of intruders won't come to mind so easily."

"Oh thank you George. But that's really too much to ask. You've helped me so much already. I can't ask you to do more for me."

"Than see it as a favor for me. I do need somebody living there... why not you? We get along quite well. You need a place to stay. I need somebody to stay at my apartment."

"Maybe... what's the price?"

"1/4 of my rent."

"1/2 of your rent."

"No you pay 1/4. See it as a discount for watching my house. I'm not going higher."

"Fine. Do I get a month of free trial? To see if I do like it?"

"That's a deal then. When are you moving in... roomie."

"Whenever is suitable."

"This weekend?"

"Sounds like a plan."

5 days to pack my stuff and move. Enough time if you ask me. We both drank our coffee as small talk was exchanged. Not the awkward kind of small talk but the one that feels comfortable. I looked at the man in front of me and I noticed my heartbeat quickened a little when his lips curved into the faintest smile. That faintest smile was the sweetest, most gentle smile I've ever seen. It made my lips curve up a little as well. I am I catching feelings for this man? Maybe yeah. I mean he's quite handsome, he's sweet, he's patient. I know he likes me but still he's never forced himself upon me. Well maybe a little but with one word or the tiniest bit of pressure he would always back off. He was "forcing" it in a polite and gentle way. It was different from most guys our age.

After out little coffee meeting, I went back got the office. I worked overtime like usual and then got stuck in traffic while trying to go home... to my parents their house. It always took way too long to get out of the city center. Stupid idea to take my car to work. My father called me and I picked up while my phone was connected to the hands free mode in my car.

"Hey dad."

"Hey princess. Where are you?"

"Stuck in traffic again. The navigation says I'll be home at 21:30... will let you know if something changes."

"Alright. Have you eaten yet?"

"Not yet. I'll grab something at a gas station on the way home."

"Alright sounds good."

"Also dad... I'll be moving in with George this weekend. He offered me a place to stay because he needs someone to watch the house when he's off racing."

"That's nice of him. He's a good lad. When are you moving."

"This weekend. He needs to be in Australia next weekend so we'd have a few days to discuss some minor things and all."

"That's a solid plan. Let me know if I can help. We'll talk further when you're home alright?"

"Sounds like a plan. Bye dad."

"Bye princess, see you in a few hours!"

He's been so helpful, sweet and supportive the last weeks it's been amazing. He's always been that way but ever since he found out about the Chris fiasco he seems to have much more need to care for me and watch out for me. He's jumped into the father role more than I was used from him. I really don't mind it though. It's nice knowing he wants me for me and not me for being somebody I'm not. Unlike my mother who's been having mood-swings every few minutes. One minute she loves me till death and almost cries over how she treats me and then the other minute she treats me the same as all the years before that. I have no idea what to do with that woman or what to expect from her... or what to say to her.

(1093 words)