Chapter 2.5 - The Letter

To Lottie (the Honorary Princess of St Ives),

It feels like I've barely seen you this past year because you've been studying so much, and now you're off to live on the other side of the country. It won't be the same without you, but I'm sure you'll have enough adventures for the both of us.
I wanted to get you a fairy tale book as a goodbye present because of how much I know you love them, but I fear you own them all already so I figured I'd put some pictures of us, some of us at the beach with ice cream, at the park and when we went to the movies.
Can't wait to hear about all the crazy things you get up to at Rosewood. I'm so proud of you for getting in, but I'll miss you alot *pauses to shed a tear* AND HOW DARE YOU LEAVE ME ALONE IN THIS TOURIST TRAP!!! TRAITOR!! (See how I turn my difficult emotions into anger as a defence mechanism??)

Your friend, Ollie

PS Bring me back a gold crown or something - I assume you get one upon arrival ;)

Lottie reread the letter multiple times then looked at the pictures. She can remember the images like they had happened yesterday.
She met up with Ollie often to go to the beach often since it was so close. The sound of the waves crashing and seagulls squawking reminded Lottie of home as she always heard them before falling asleep. She could practically hear them in her imagination by just looking at the picture. That one was her favourite out of the three.
I wonder what other things Ollie and I could have done if I weren't to leave to Rosewood.
Lottie was going to miss her friends Kate, Thomas, Charlie and most of all, Ollie. Alot. She reminded herself to be kind, brave and unstoppable.
Lottie and Hannah had a mantra they repeated in their heads to calm themselves. It got its origin from Lottie's birthday party when she was younger. People were fighting over who won the Pass-the-parcel prize so Marguerite decided to talk about Lottie's crescent-moon tiara.
"Now everyone, this tiara is actually special you see, it once belonged to a princess!" Everyone had gasped apart from Lottie and Ollie, who knew about it, "Can you all name three qualities of a princess?" Everyone was too shy to say something from being put on the spot so Marguerite decided to start them off, "How about kind? Do you think princesses are kind?" Everyone nodded.
"They're pretty!" Ollie blurted.
"Well yes, they often are pretty but princesses are also..."
"Brave," Lottie decided to be brave and spoke up.
Charlie offered, "They never give up..?"
"What's a word to describe that?"
Everyone started thinking but then the word came to Hannah,
"Unstoppable," From then on, Lottie and Hannah knew that they'd be kind, brave and unstoppable, no matter the situation.
Lottie hoped she would enjoy the future as much as she enjoyed her past.
"We are now approaching Rosewood Central. Please ensure you take all your belongings with you as you leave the train."