010 || 𝔥𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔱 𝔬𝔣 𝔞 𝔩𝔦𝔱𝔱𝔩𝔢 𝔤𝔦𝔯𝔩

⁺˚⋆。°✩₊✩°。⋆˚⁺

"standing in the yard, dressed like a kid."

⁺˚⋆。°✩₊✩°。⋆˚⁺

=================================TW: Minor sexual assault

TW: Minor sexual assault. Please skip this chapter if you are triggered by this topic.
=================================

Rick was gone and Alexandria had been breached.

I had been in the house, alone, when I heard the first yells for help.

I ran toward the window, quickly brushing the curtains out the way and looking outside to see that the community and descended into a petrified scandal of panic.

I watched as a group of individuals with their hoods up scattered throughout our safe haven. I didn't have a gun. Not that I could shoot one anyway.

I couldn't even use a knife without dropping it.

I was fucked.

I scoffed at myself before running to Carl's room. He had been gifted an old baseball bat from Ron. It would have to do.

A window downstairs shattered.

My heart stopped for a moment.

I shook my head, approaching the top of the stairs and trying to catch a glimpse of anyone who may have entered the house.

I could hear shuffling and movement coming from the kitchen.

I took a breath before heading downstairs, careful to avoid the steps that were known to creak under pressure.

The house felt empty, in an eerie way. The hallway was dim and grey.

The noises coming from the kitchen were only getting louder, more obnoxious.

I got closer, my grip on the wooden bat tightening.

I headed through the doorway, ready to swing - the bat raised.

'Is that my bat?' Carl appeared, carrying a huge firearm.

I released a huge exhale and wacked Carl on the arm.

'Ouch that-'

'You scared the shit out of me Carl.' I almost laughed I was so relieved.

Carl grinned slightly but then he seemed to remember our situation before shaking his head and grabbing my arm, pulling me onto the ground. Our backs pressed against each other. Giving us a view of the entire room.

'You know you need to learn to shoot.' Carl started.

'It's not my fault I have bad aim.' I mumbled in response.