005 || 𝔰𝔬𝔩𝔞𝔠𝔢 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔰𝔢𝔠𝔯𝔢𝔱𝔰

⁺˚⋆。°✩₊✩°。⋆˚⁺

"way down to the bottom of everything ."

                          ⁺˚⋆。°✩₊✩°。⋆˚⁺

Enid gave me a huge childish grin before entering her house

I began to make my way back home? Although that didn't feel like the word to use yet.

As I approached the house, a gruff voice called out to me from the right side of the porch.

'Hey kid, I think Carl's looking for you, he asked me where you were.' The man was using a torn and grubby rag to clean off a crossbow that was settled in his lap. I sent him an appreciative nod.

'What's your name?' I asked the man, i could barely see his face due to the mass of hair that covered his features as he was focused on cleaning his weapon.

'I'm Daryl.'

'Marley.' I responded.

'What like the singer?' I rolled my eyes and laughed loudly at the comment that was in all honesty, overused.

Daryl chuckled slightly.

It was little moments like these that impacted my mood. Little happy interactions like this that made me forget about the strange world we lived in.

'Guess I should go find Carl before he gets angry at me.' I said to Daryl as I headed indoors.

I sent a thoughtful wave to Sasha and a woman I believed to be Rosita as I passed by them and headed up the stairs.

Carl was stood in my room once more - leaning against the doorframe. A stern, almost a moody look on his face. I was confused.

'Hi?' I said, greeting him with my eyebrows furrowed.

'Where did you and Enid go earlier, you disappeared.' He already knew the answer to his question.I caught my breath, of course sneaking outside of the walls when we shouldn't on my second day was a pretty stupid thing to do.

'Out, just to get away you know.' I explained, slightly trying to defend myself. 'Bonding time.' I lent myself against the wall looking at Carl in the eyes. A suspenseful atmosphere surrounded us.

'You need to be careful Marley, you could get bit or you could run into some assholes that could end up hurting you.' Carl looked furious. 'Going out there without telling anyone, without an escort is fucking stupid, you've been here a day.'

I nodded, wincing as he raised his voice.

'Marley, you don't know the area very well and even if Enid does you shouldn't go with her, Enid's irresponsible and clearly so are you.' He had started to walk towards me slowly as he grew more and more angry.