Aakhir Mil hi Gaye Hum

♪ Jhumritalaiyya

"किस्मत से टकराए हम दोनों
कोई किस्सा होगा तो शुरू
दुनिया ये थोड़ी-थोड़ी है बेहतर लगे
दिल के नौकर-चाकर लगे
झुक के पूछे क्या है आरज़ू?"

"Oh it's my annoying Brother, can you pick it and put it on speaker?" She asked Anika to, which she nodded and did as Tanisha asked her to do.

"Hello Tanu!" Someone said.

"Hey Maa!" Tanisha exclaimed and continued talking to her mother. Anika left the phone on the dressing table and went back to her bed to read the book she was reading before.

"Oh I remembered something, Where's Dev Bhai?" Tanisha asked her mother over the phone to which her mother replied, "That lovesick punk? He's in his room."
"Lovesick?" Tanisha asked with a chuckle.
"Yes, he was talking about some girl he met on the bus ride." Her mother replied.
"So, some stranger caught his eyes? That too on a bus ride? He's definitely crazy. Anyways, you remember I left some stuff behind before shifting here in the dorm, right? I want those. Please let Dev Bhai know it and tell him to drop those here before Sunday."
"Okay beta, I'll tell him to do so. Bye take care." Her mother said.
"Thank you Maa, good night!" Tanisha said before hanging up the call feeling relieved after talking to her mother. She really misses her after all.

"ALRIGHT GIRLS, GUESS WHAT!?" Nandita entered the room after talking to her crush, as she said in a loud tone enthusiastically causing to divert Anika attention towards her and Tanisha to jump getting startled.
"The fu- Nandu, you scared me!" Tanisha said being pissed off.
"Sorry babe, but what I'm going to tell you both is gonna make you both react exactly like that!" Nandita said excitedly.
"Fine, Now tell us what happened?" Tanisha asked her lazily. While Anika silently listened to them.
"Atharva confessed!!!" Nandita said jumping happily.
"Wait- What!?" Tanisha asked quickly getting up and running over Nandita. Sitting between her and Anika, on Anika's bed ready to have the girls talk.
"I told you you would have the same reaction, didn't i? Yes, he did! He's taking me on a date this Sunday." Tanisha explained.
"Oh my God, Nandu!" Tanisha said in disbelief shaking Nandita by her shoulder dramatically.
Anika chuckled enjoying their company. "I'm really happy for you, Nandu! Congratulations!" Anika said.
"Thank you, Anu!!!" Nandita squealed happily, hugging Anika affectionately causing Anika to smile awkwardly as she's not used to physical affection too much. Tanisha gasped dramatically.
"Yah! Get off her, she's mine! You should be clingy to your boyfriend now!" Tanisha said hugging Anika from the other side.
"Getting a boyfriend doesn't mean, I'll compromise being with my girlfriends!" Nandu protested. Tanisha rolled her eyes playfully. While, Anika smiled feeling spoiled, getting this affection all of sudden especially from friends after getting through the worst friendship breakups.

Time skip to Saturday, Afternoon [2:02 pm]

"But Anika, I really wanted all three of us to go together for this shopping." Nandita insisted, as she was trying to convince Anika as Nandita and Tanisha were going shopping to get a dress for Nandita's date tomorrow.
"I definitely would have Nandu but I'm working on this assignment the professor assigned me to do it before this Tuesday. It's kinda important, you see." Anika said apologetically.
"Uh-" Nandu was about to say when Tanisha interpreted. "Nandu, Dev Bhai is coming today to drop some of my stuff which I left behind, I don't think I will be able to go with you!"
"What!? Anika isn't coming now you too? C'mon guys, it's my date tomorrow you guys are not helping with the situation!" Nandita snapped in annoyance.
"Tanisha, I'll be here. You should go with Nandita and help her out for the shopping, besides I'm not really good with fashion and styles." Anika said.
"It's not like that, Anu! Your style is really good, classy yet elegant. It suits you babe!" Nandita said.
"I agree! Beside you're so beautiful any kind of style would suits you darling!" Tanisha replied. Anika giggled before saying, "Guys, enough of the flattering. You both should go shopping now and Tanu let your brother know that he can leave your stuff here with me, to your roommate." With that, Tanisha informed her brother before leaving for the shopping with Nandita.

[3:53 pm]

Anika was busy working on her assignment, when suddenly her concentration diverted after hearing the doorbell. She knew it might be Tanisha's brother as She got up and moved to open the door. As she opened the door she knitted her eyebrows seeing a familiar face standing there. The same disbelief yet amusement was on the visitor's face. As both of them asked loudly at the same time.
"YOU!?"
Anika sighed loudly asking, "are you imitating me?"
Devyansh raised one of his eyebrows. "I could say the same thing."
Anika rolled her eyes, "Whatever! So you're Tanisha's brother?"
Devyansh smirked playfully asking her in the same tone, "So you're Tanisha's roommate?"
Anika glared at him. Devyansh dropped his playful smile, quickly saying "Will you let me get inside? My hand is hurting holding this big ass box, you see?"
Anika nodded moving aside from the doorway, letting him inside as devyansh put the box on Tanisha's bed being familiar with the place already. As he sat there looking back at Anika.
"So we met again, huh?" He asked her mischievously.
"Unfortunately." She replied.
"Ouch, that sounded so mean!" He said holding his chest dramatically.
Anika scrunched her face in annoyance getting to her desk, working upon the assignment.
Devyansh observed her. Though, he was relieved that he met her again and he won't let her go. after all, she caught his eyes. He got up to stand behind her busy figure tryna peek at what she was doing.
"Whatcha doing?" He asked her, causing Anika to hiss at the sudden interpretation.
"Dahi Jama Rahi hu!" She replied sarcastically.
"Rude, very rude." He faked a loomed face which formed a small pout on his lips.
"Are you really an elder brother to your sister? You behave like a kid yourself!" She said.
"Of course, I am! And whom are you calling a kid, huh? I'm a fully grown man!" He said, brushing his hand in his hair. She scoffed looking at him up and down.
"Hah! Seriously? You are just a whiny kid!" She teased.
"Yah- I'm not!" He protested.
"See, you ARE whining right now!" Anika said teasing him more with a smirk.
"You're so rude and grumpy, y'know? Ms. Coconut head!" He teased her back saying it playfully.
"Coconut head!? You're calling me that!? No wonder why Tanu has a frog emoji with your name on her phone. You definitely even look like one!" She said getting clearly annoyed.
"What- wait! She has a 'frog' emoji with MY name? That ungrateful brat! I'll definitely smack her head once I see her!" He said in irritation.
"For what? She isn't wrong tho!" She said teasing him again enjoying his reaction.
He squinted his eyes at her in annoyance as he huffed.
"Hmph- atleast be a little respectful towards me, I'm your friend's elder brother!"
She rolled her eyes playfully hearing him. "You came here to drop her stuff, didn't you? You already did. You should leave now, I'm really busy with my assignments and you're disturbing me." She said. Devyansh scoffed in disbelief. "You-" he was about to say but suddenly Nandita and Tanisha came back, entering the room putting the shopping bags aside as Tanisha exclaimed quickly approaching his brother.
"Bhai!", "Hey, Dev!" Nandita said shyly, she has always been a simp.
Tanisha nudged her saying, "Girl, get a grip. You got a boyfriend now!" Nandita clicked her tongue in annoyance.
"Her- She got a boyfriend? You're kidding me, right?" Devyansh Snickered as he asked.
"What are you laughing about, can't I get one?" Nandita asked him.
"I mean you can kiddo! but you're literally Nandu, how did you pulled someone?" He laughed as he mocked Nandu playfully.
"It's Atharva." Tanisha replied who was enjoying this teasing session of Nandita.
"That failed lab experiment!?" He laughed loudly, causing Tanisha and Anika to laugh too. While Nandita stomped her feet whining in annoyance. In this back and forth bragging, Devyansh's gaze suddenly diverted towards Anika. His expression soften at the sight of her. As soon as her gaze met his, he quickly looked away.

-

To be continued...

Vote and comment✧