Chapter 8- Memories

5 years later

Celia's POV
"Hey love?" Tawag ni Lucas sakin, my husband.
"Yes?" napatingin ako sakanya, smiling.
"Our rival sa company wanted to speak with you, they've placed a meeting in 10 am." Sinabi nito, napatingin ako sa oras, it's currently 7 am.
"Okay, I'll get ready," sinagot ko.

We arrived at the quarters at nag hintay sa arrival nila.
"Dumating na po sila," Sinabi ni Andrea, which she is now my secretary.
Dr. Dela Cruz entered the meeting room, together with her secretary. Our staff and Dr. Dela Cruz greeted one another, and she sat down at the other end of the table.
"Good morning, I'm pleased that all of you have attended this meeting with me. I just wanted to address that I don't want war, or any rivalry against this company. I will be moving countries, and I will step down from doctrine." Dr. Dela Cruz stated, I looked at her, feeling hurt. She's still the love of my life after all.

We discussed our last negotiations and I asked her to speak with me in private.
"Hailey?" I spoke with a tone of distress,
"It's Dr. Dela Cruz, Dr. Torres." She spoke in a cold tone,
"You betrayed me, and call me by my first name?" She spoke, on the verge of tears.
"But you never allowed me to explain! It's such an easy explanation, don't you understand?!" I felt the tears flow down my cheek, my neck heated up.
"Explain," she replied with the same desperation,
"It's a forced marriag-"
"Yet you laid with him in our bed?" She finally started to cry, it's been 5 years, and this is the only time I can explain.
"I was asleep, waiting for you, he was a part of my mother's schemes! Alam mo how my mom is!" Umiyak ako, I wanted us, I wanted her. I never loved him.
"Lucas has always loved you, and when we haven't dated yet you even spoke about liking him back.. what's the difference now?" My heart shattered, why can't she understand?

"Dr. Dela Cruz!" Sinigaw ni Lucas,
"What have you done to her?!" He screamed as he looked at me.
"What I was supposed to do long ago, Lucas," she paused,
"I told her what I felt, wasn't that your advice long ago?" I felt the two fume, I just wanted to get out of here.

Lucas's POV
Bullshit! Hailey always tried to steal her, I just wanted to be a good brother—well, half brother. I rushed towards Celia and grabbed her arm, forcing her behind me.
"If I see you and her talk again, your head will be off!" Sinigaw ko sakanya.
That day I finally got to be beside Celia, especially in their bed, felt the best. I may have touched her, but who cares? She never felt it anyway.

Hailey's POV
Is that so? I won't give up on Celia, no matter what happens, although, I still need to recover the footage. We had a camera in our room, and I'm sure hindi yon alam ni Lucas. It took years to find evidence because of these stupid officers, mga gago. I went back to my office and worked until 8 pm, I went home and went straight to my personal bar. Kumuha ako ng whiskey at chinug, I allowed our memories to flush through me. Nakalimutan ko na ata gaano pala siya kaganda sa personal, although she's aged so well, parang mas maganda na siya ngayon. I feel like I can no longer accept her, although my heart still aches for her. Memories nalang natitira sa amin, I want to relive them again.