Happy Homes

[Sorry about the random picture of Gerard Way 😂
Anyway enjoy!]

You sit, perched on your windowsill, staring out at the night from the window of your 'happy' home, wondering when it all went wrong. When did your brothers grow so distant, when did your mum start cheating and your dad start drinking? You don't know. Your brothers scarcely talk to you so you will probably never know. If feels like it's been going on forever. You haven't been given the best start in life, I guess you could say...

Your POV:
I clutch my stomach and put down my book, Coraline.
When was last time I ate? Yesterday maybe?
I leave my book on the windowsill and wander up the flight of stairs to Liu's room, he's more reasonable than Jeff so he might give me some old pizza that he had with Jeff last night.
I knock anxiously on his bedroom door, praying he isn't in a bad mood.
"Liu?" I anxiously call out, gently pushing open the door.
He takes of his headphones and rolls his eyes.
"What do you want?" He sighs, sitting up in bed, his lime green eyes staring into my soul.
"Im hungry..." I mumble, hanging my head.
Liu sighs.
"Go ask Jeff!" He snaps, dragging himself out of bed to slam the door in my face.
I jump, blinking away the tears pricking at my eyes as I slope back down stairs into the living. I sit on the sofa and look around at the mess of old beer cans and magazines. Mum and dad still aren't home yet...
"I wish my brothers didn't hate me so much..." I sigh, clenching my fists and curling up on the ripped leather sofa.
I let the tears dribble down my cheeks as I dig my nails into the palms of my hands, letting myself slowly fall into a miserable slumber...

No one's POV:
You wake up hours later, it's midnight by now and your starving and your parents still aren't home.
You get up and head to the kitchen. Hungrier than ever, you search in the dark for a packet of crisps, the lights not working since your father had long since stopped paying the electricity bills.
You climb up onto the counter to reach the cupboard, balancing precariously as you reach up to delve into the cupboards above.
Footsteps and a soft chuckle from behind you catches you by surprise, nearly making you loose your balance on the counter.
"What are you doing, Y/N?" A low voice chuckles, coming up behind you and gently lifting you off the counter and placing you safely on the floor. It's Jeff. He talks to you more than Liu, even if it's just to yell at you it's better than forgetting about your existence.
You look up at your older brother, his eyeliner is smudged more than usual and his eyes are watery.
"Trying to get some food..." you say nervously, looking up at Jeff.
He rolls his eyes and pulls a packet of F/F crisps out the cupboard and hands them to you.
"Jeez, can't you do anything yourself?" Jeff sighs, shooting you a cold look.
"I can do lots of things!" You protest, glaring playfully up at your older brother.
"Yeah, right!" He laughs, gently elbowing you, his dark brown hair falling over his eyes.
You look up at him, glad it's just you and Jeff and Liu in the house and no parents. They may ignore you and have the odd fight but at least they don't beat you.
"Anyway, you better get to bed before mum and dad get home, alright?" Jeff says, tone serious.
"Got it," you say, looking your brother in they eyes.
"Good, cuz me and Liu will get in trouble other wise." Jeff sighs, before giving you a forced smile to hide his misery. "Now seriously, get to bed before I kick you ass!"
You nod obediently, not wanting to anger nor get your brother into trouble, you hesitate before giving him a quick hug before rushing up the stairs to bed.
You lay awake for hours till eventually you hear the crunch of gravel of your parents car pulling up in the driveway and the yelling and the faint cries and the sound of a slap and breaking class that shortly follows.
You curl up in a ball in bed, praying your brothers are okay.
As tears stream down your cheeks and your head begins to pulse and ache you eventually, after several more hours of laying awake, tossing and turning with anxiety and dread, fall into an uncomfortable sleep full of eerie dreams of losing your brothers and having to face your parents and the world alone...