𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER NINE !narrative, imessage

CHAPTER NINE !
narrative, imessage . . .

ⁿᵃʳʳᵃᵗⁱᵛᵉ

ⁿᵃʳʳᵃᵗⁱᵛᵉ

"I love this movie," Ryder expresses to his girlfriend. "Do you?

The pair is lying down in their shared bed, under the covers, while watching Star Wars.

Madelyn was bored, to say the least. She doesn't like movies like this--action movies. She prefers romance and horror.

"Yeah," Madelyn lies, literally in physical pain because of how annoyed and bored she is. "Can we watch The Notebook?"

"You like that movie?" Ryder asks, tilting his head to the side.

Yes, you dumb fuck.

"Yes, I do." She watches a look of shock pass over his features before he grabs the remote.

You're too good for me.

No, Madelyn, he's not. Remember the cheating, abuse, toxicity...?

"We don't have to——"

"Yes, we do," Ryder interrupts.

She purses her lips and throws her head back into the pillow.

I wonder what Jack's doing right now—— Oh my God, Madelyn, stop. You are with your kind, loving, sometimes shitty boyfriend right now. You should not be thinking about a completely different guy.

She tunes out the sound of her favorite movie playing, thoughts of Jack fogging her head. She feels bad. Not because of how she's treating Ryder, but rather because she never thanked Jack for giving her that tip on how to relieve herself, if that's what you want to call it. Maybe she should shoot him a text, you know, just to thank him.