𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER EIGHT !narrative, imessage, social media

CHAPTER EIGHT !
narrative, imessage, social media . . .

tw: strong mentions of sexual activity

ⁿᵃʳʳᵃᵗⁱᵛᵉ

Jack slowly walks into Emily's house, a smile on his face.

He spots her sitting on the couch peacefully, eating ice cream out of a bowl as she watches Modern Family on the TV.

"Em," he calls out as he walks up to her and she freezes in fear. Please no, she begs him inside her head as she sets her bowl of ice cream down beside her, not sparing him a glance. She shuts the TV off before licking her lips and shifting in her seat uncomfortably. She doesn't forget to cover up the hickey Ryder gave her only minutes ago. She really hopes Jack's threat from earlier isn't still active.

"Jack," she greets back, her hands quite literally shaking in fear. "What are you doing here?"

"Can't I come see my girlfriend?" he innocently asked as he sat down next to her. "Or is that a problem for you?"

"No." She shook her head rapidly. Suddenly, he grabs her jaw and yanks her head to the side so that she faces him. Her lips part. "What?" she quietly asked.

"I fucked Madelyn," he lied. Just to see her reaction. Emily's eyes welled with tears and anger filled her body.

"Seriously?" she quietly, angrily asked, teary eyed.

"No." He laughed. "It's just a joke, baby."

Oh.

"What is that?" she asked as she glanced at the knife he's holding in his hand.

What the fuck.

"A knife," he whispered and a tear fell from her eye. "Does it scare you?" He drags the tip of the weapon along the skin of her thigh.