𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER SEVEN !narrative, social media, imessage

CHAPTER SEVEN !
narrative, social media, imessage . . .

ⁿᵃʳʳᵃᵗⁱᵛᵉ

ⁿᵃʳʳᵃᵗⁱᵛᵉ

Jack stands outside of the decaying building, a neutral expression on his face to hide his real emotion.

Anxiety.

He hasn't felt anxiety since The Council.

What if- no. They're gone forever. Right?

If they're back, that means his Yellow is in danger again, and Madelyn being in danger again means any chance of him getting her memory back would go to dust. And he hasn't even started with that yet.

Here we go.

He knocks on the big black door with his two fists three times, waiting for someone to answer.

He hasn't seen Lana Carrington in person for years, so when the door opens to her face, he doesn't exactly know what to do.

"Hi," she said. Lana wasn't one to play around, so she didn't really give a fuck that Jack was looking at her like he wanted to kill her right then and there. "Come inside."

"That's what she said." He laughs, but she doesn't find anything funny.

"Shut up," she said monotonously. She doesn't have time for jokes. "Just come inside. This is important."

"Beg," he said and she scrunched her face up.

"I don't beg men for things, thank you very much," she said with a fake smile. "Just come inside."

"Oh, come on, Lala," he starts, and her heart warms at the nickname she hasn't heard in years. "I thought you liked to beg. Remember when you begged your daddy to not make you kill another little girl?" And her heart breaks.