Usually, I wouldn't butt in to something like this. Yet, I feel like this is a good thing that I met Steve. Maybe, I can return home once he takes the serum. So, maybe I'll stick around to make sure nothing changes his future while not telling him about it. I don't want to cause a butterfly effect so I have to be careful about not messing up the timeline. All I need to do is make sure Steve doesn't die.

"Thank you," Steve said with a small smile before looking at Bucky. "You get your orders?"

Bucky nodded. "The 107th. Sergeant James Barnes, shipping out for England first thing tomorrow."

Steve was putting on a brave face but it was obvious that this was hurting him. "I should be going."

Bucky nodded again before a huge grin came to his face. He wrapped his arm around Steve and pulled him to his side. "Come on, man. My last night! I gotta get you cleaned up."

"Why? Where are we going?" Steve wondered.

"The future." Bucky handed Steve the newspaper.

"I should get going," I said as I pulled my hood up. All I need to do is find a new place to lay low. I won't interact with them unless I need to. So, I started walking away from them.

"Hold up, doll!" Bucky yelled as he ran up to me. Ugh, I hate that nickname so much. I felt his hand brush against mine and it startled me for a bit. There was this weird spark when our fingertips touched. I felt my eyes turn white as I used my powers to push Bucky against the wall. Steve's eyes bugged out, not expecting me to do that. I looked at Bucky with my teeth clenched. "Don't call me doll."

"How are you able to do that?" Steve stuttered.

"Magic," I stated the obvious.

To my surprise, Bucky looked really amused as if he was not pinned to the wall. "Wow," he breathed. "I always assumed witches were just stories used to scare kids."

I raised my brow. "And you're awfully cheery for someone who's pinned to the wall." I gently lowered him to the floor. "Most guys would run. Or call me the devil. Sometimes both."

"I don't see the devil. Just a gorgeous face with incredible power. Doesn't make her different from everyone else." Good thing my hood is up, otherwise the guys would have seen me blush. I mentally slapped myself because I let some pickup line make my heart race for a moment. "And maybe she would like to join us." I rolled my eyes this time. "Let me buy you a thank you drink for saving Steve."

"I don't drink." I glanced at the newspaper in Steve's hand and saw it was an advertisement for the Stark Expo. Hmmm, maybe I could get the chance to meet Howard Stark and see if he's just as cocky as Tony. "But I guess...spending an hour with you two wouldn't hurt anyone."

》》》》

Even Howard Stark likes to make things flashy. People were dressed up in their nicest outfits. Fireworks were flying through the air. I feel out of place in my usual attire.

"I don't see what the problem is," Bucky began. "You're about to be the last eligible man in New York." Steve's been sulking the entire way here. We were running a bit late so I offered the guys to portal us there. Their mouths dropped but didn't get much word out since I pushed them inside. "You know there's three and a half million women here?"

"Well, I'd settle for just one." And her name's Peggy Carter, but I'm sure he hasn't met her...yet.

Bucky motioned to me. "How about our little raven? Gorgeous, smart..."

"And will throw you across the room if you suggest something like that again," I threatened while crossing my arms. "No offense, Steve."

"I agree with you there," Steve agreed.