eight

HIS HEAD SNAPPED UP to see kitty stood wide eyed and shocked, looking around her bedroom in a panic

HIS HEAD SNAPPED UP to see kitty stood wide eyed and shocked, looking around her bedroom in a panic. she let out a shaky breath and let go of his hand, slowly bringing it up to her chest to nervously feel around for a heartbeat, shaking her head in disbelief when she couldn't find one.

"no, no no no, luke please tell me you didn't make me a ghost!" she whisper yelled, just incase her family could still hear her, "i can't feel a heartbeat, i feel like i weigh absolutely nothing a-and-"

her hand reached out to grab one of her dresser handles, eyes bulging out of their sockets when it went straight through her, "luke i'm a ghost! oh my god this is terrible, i'm actually dead, luke what the hell did you do?"

luke was stood, dumbfounded. he had absolutely no idea what he had done or how he had done it, but he knew that somehow he had to fix it. he stammered and paused to think for a minute, watching her begin to pace around the bedroom,

"kat, i'll figure something out i swear. you just gotta stop pacing, you're making me real nervous."

she laughed in disbelief, pointing accusingly at him, "you're nervous? luke I might be dead now! you are definitely one point down now, god please tell me you regret this?!"

he groaned and sat down on the bed, grabbing her wrist and pulling her down to sit beside him, "just sit there and let me try and fix this, no pacing or anxious yelling, please."

his mind was racing a million miles per second as he tried to figure out what he had to do. it obviously wasn't like her power, he couldn't just touch her and make her human again, he'd tried that. he couldn't un-poof her or anything, and she probably couldn't just do it herself - unless she could?

but first he had to try and do it for her, the same way she was doing it before during beer pong. he didn't care if it knocked him completely out, he was going to put every bit of brain power he had into turning her back, even if it drained his soul straight out of his body.

he focused completely on kitty, more specifically her being alive with a working heartbeat again until he heard her breathing slow back to its usual rate, his eyes flinging open to see what she was doing. her hand was over her heart and the rosiness was back in her cheeks, letting out a loud sigh of relief when she realised she was okay again.

luke leaned back onto his hands with a proud smile, shrugging off his sleeveless hoodie and throwing it towards her vanity chair, "see? told you id fix it."

though her angry expression slapped that smile straight back off as she narrowed her eyes and turned over to face him, "point down luke. you wouldn't have had to fix it if you hadn't made a stupid decision in the first place. think about your actions, please, before you drive me insane."

he shrugged with a smirk, "still don't regret it, this was a learning experience. we've now discovered that we can switch each others forms, you make me human, and i make you ghost. maybe it was a little risky, but it all worked out!"