two

KITTY WENT HOME that night with a bit of a guilty conscience weighing her down

KITTY WENT HOME that night with a bit of a guilty conscience weighing her down. after julie's meltdown she didn't see her again for the rest of the school day, so when tommy dropped her back at her place and she saw her sister screaming and running to their dad outside with carlos, she was a little worried.

she had stayed late at school to watch the boys lacrosse match, with the promise that tommy would drive her home, so she wasn't home until dark. her dad didn't know this of course, but he had to take carlos to baseball so he never usually noticed anyway, though seeing him stood outside made her a little nervous.

"whats up kitty kat?" the boy laughed a little, watching her hesitate to get out, "you really don't want to leave me, huh?"

she scowled at his sarcasm, "i'm waiting for my dad to go inside so i can sneak into the studio, that way when he calls me for dinner he'll think I've been out there all night."

he shrugged, "why don't you just tell him you're staying with carrie and come back to mine, save you calling me tonight."

"no thanks, asshole. i'm way too bored of you now," she rolled her eyes fondly, smiling as she watched her dad steer carlos in the door. she leant over the console and kissed his cheek quickly before scrambling out of the jeep and sprinting back onto her driveway to back path her way to the studio.

kitty loved the studio, it was her favourite place in the whole world. she spent almost every waking moment in there, writing or playing music whenever it came to mind, though nobody else had stepped foot in there since mom died. selling the house wasn't a group decision, nobody really wanted to, but she was the most against it.

she couldn't imagine living life without her moms studio, but her opinion never really mattered nowadays, not after mom was gone.

the doors were left slightly ajar and the girl frowned, though brushed it off as the wind when she peered inside and saw nobody around. she pushed them open and closed them behind her, sighing contently at the familiar smell of fresh air coming from all of the flowers planted by the piano - the job of her and rose of course.

"hi momma, sorry i'm late home, i was with tommy," she spoke, glancing up at the ceiling as she trailed over to the couch, slumping down on it tiredly, "missing you today, like always. thought maybe i'd write something tonight but i have an essay to write for english so maybe not, i don't know. you'd probably tell me to focus on school, so i guess i know what my evening looks like."

"huh, I do not miss that part of high school."

kitty widened her eyes and sat up quickly, her gaze darting around the studio at the unfamiliar voice. her legs instinctively pulled up onto the couch incase something was underneath it, her heart beating through her sweater.

"hello? who's in here?" she spoke loudly, her voice shaky as she tried to mask her nerves, "i swear to god if you're trying to murder me, my boyfriend just drove off and he could be back in less than a minute if i so much as start typing on snap."