but that was a long time ago now. becky's not hers anymore. freen can't breathe, thinking mew could be hugging and kissing and touching becky at this very moment.

freen clenches her fists. no, she can't let herself drown in that.

so she wraps an arm around charlotte's waist and pulls the woman closer to kiss the base of her neck. freen's mouth slides along the other woman's skin as she kisses her way to the tender spot below charlotte's ear.

this elicits a moan from charlotte, and freen loves it.

she went on, pleasuring the woman over and over because charlotte's voice seems to pull her out of becky's memory pool.

this is the only escape she could think of because she knows that no matter what happens, becky will never be hers again.

---

"freen, what are you doing out here this early?"

freen stares at noey, then at irin, who are both having coffee outside the 24-hour coffee shop on the island.

"uh... jogging?" she says.

"at three in the morning? and why are you only wearing a shirt and track pants? aren't you feeling cold?"

freen looks around and sees how the leaves are swaying because of the wind."i don't," she says.

noey observes her friend. "are you having an attack again?"

freen couldn't answer.

"you're supposed to be sleeping, freen."

"i... i can't sleep..." freen shrugs. "aren't you two supposed to be asleep at this hour too?"

"the wedding tired us out and we end up sleeping the entire afternoon," says irin. "we woke up just now and got some coffee before our flight later."

"flight? where are you going?"

"honeymoon. duh." noey rolls her eyes. "have you forgotten you are here because you attended our wedding yesterday?"

freen scratches her head. "i did not forget. i was just out of it..."

noey folds her arms over her chest. "did you cry again?"

freen presses her lips together and looks away. "i'm fine. i'll be okay. i just need to jog around to clear my mind."

"are you sure?" asks irin. "we'll be leaving the island in an hour. you can come with us to the port."

"thanks. but i'm fine. really. you two enjoy your honeymoon. no need to worry about me."