ENFPs: Something Bigger

ENFPs (along with ENFJs, INFPS, and INFJS, the Idealist types, this applies to them too) want something bigger. 

If you're an intuitive feeling type, you probably know exactly what I mean. I don't need to explain it to you. You don't want a dull meaningless life. You want to make an impact, you want a reason, you want a purpose. You think the world could be better than what it is and what you have. You feel called to do something, and yet it seems like you're just one of the 8 billion people struggling through school, your job or paying rent. 

You're a dreamer. You want a cottage, castle, library, to live in the woods, to live more simply, yet adventurously. You love philosophy. You want to discover the meaning of life. 

You want better rights for people everywhere. You care about justice and believes everyone deserves to be happy (within reason of course). 

You've been called unrealistic, naive, over-idealistic, strange, childish, too sensitive, and looked at like your worldview doesn't make sense. 

The Intuitive Feelers are unique in this way. All 16 types can be idealistic and care for the world of course, but it is engrained in our personalities for us, whether we are wrong or right. 

I am taking Microeconomics in college. Yesterday I mentioned something along the lines of me boycotting Amazon (which I do indeed), and also me boycotting Apple products. The reason I do is because I have ethical concerns over the impact of the environment, the treatment of the workers, and also the fact that billionaires just have wayyy too much money. And being the only girl in a class of primarily white, male conservatives, my worldview is seen as strange. I'm not shaming any of my classmates for their identities of course, but I don't agree with them. I want something bigger. I don't want to be another customer of Amazon contributing to Jeff Bezzo's wealth. I want something bigger. 

I wish the world was simpler and kinder. I'm an escapist. I want to go back to the past and dive straight into the future. I wish everyone had the opportunity to have comfort, joy, and an outlet for creativity and self-expression. 

I want something bigger.