Chapter Eight: The Slumbering Yellow Bear

Moon gagged as the foul stench reached her nose, crouching, she, Mule, and Cardinal moved closer. There, sitting silently in the middle of a small clearing, was a Yellow Bear. Its pelt bright and smooth, black paws planted firmly on the ground, Moon held up her tail, eyes narrowed. "That–is a Yellow Bear. Two-Paws ride in their bellies, and when they see a wolf, they throw deadly pebbles at us using a Loud-Stick!"

. . .

Cardinals yellow gaze widened in fear, and she crept behind her Guiding Paw. "As a matter of fact...It shouldn't even be here..." Looking skeptical, Mule stepped from the shadows, circling the sleeping Yellow Bear. "It's alright! The Two-Paw scent is stale! They haven't been here for a couple of days." Moon shook her head, calling him back. "You could've gotten killed y'know?!" She snapped. "Moon? We should get back to camp. We should report the Yellow Bear to the Alpha and Luna." Cardinal quickly butted in. From what she heard, Two-Paws could appear out of nowhere. The three wolves made their way back, beelining straight for the Alpha and Luna, who lifted their heads in interest. "We found a Yellow Bear in a clearing towards the far end of our territory." Moon explained the run-in with the Yellow Bear. "I see... I'll let the pack know later." Obsidian nodded, exiting the den, presumably to warn the rest of the pack. "Cardinal, why don't you get something to eat, and then rest. I apologize for us not being able to work on your skills." Moon leaned towards her Training Paw, whispering her apologies into the Black and Russet furred she-wolves ear. "Yes, yes of course. Thanks Moon! See you later Mule!" She called over her shoulder, turning away as her gaze darkened. Why was she so jealous?! Her Guiding Paw found a mate, so what? Moon still paid attention to her!

. . .