mine to possess

Seokjin:

The biggest mistake I've made so far, even worse than pretending Namjoon was my boyfriend for acting purposes, was agreeing to join them on their quest for the "perfect place" for their engagement.

I knew Tae and Jungkook both had their quirks, but I never anticipated they'd take this long to settle on a venue for their ceremony.

Seriously, what's their deal? I swore to myself I'd skip their wedding altogether as I watched them continue to scrunch their noses at yet another potential location—a picturesque outdoor garden with a view of the lake and sunset.

I sighed heavily, leaning against the white church wall next to the garden.

"Tired?" I heard his deep, husky voice beside me, and for some reason, I found myself leaning into him, resting my head against his chest, and exhaling deeply.

"I can't stand my friends!" I grumbled, and he wrapped his arms around my waist.

I wished I could disappear from the world right then, with him by my side. There was something so comforting about being in his embrace.

I glanced over at Taekook as they continued to negotiate with the church owner.

"Let's head back to the Mansion," he suggested, pressing a kiss to my temple.

"But what about all this?" I hesitated, not wanting to come across as selfish or whiny.

"I'll take care of it," he reassured me with a smile, and my heart melted at the sight of his adorable dimples. Despite everything, I couldn't bring myself to hate those little dips. They were the best thing in the world, and I'd give anything to see them every second of every day.

"You're staring, mi vida," he teased, his chuckle bringing a smile to my face.

I didn't protest. It was true—I was staring at him, and I could happily do so for the rest of my life.

"So what?" I retorted with a playful frown, just to tease him back.

"Then stare all you want, love, but let's head to the Mansion first," he said, effortlessly lifting me into his arms, prompting me to wrap mine around his neck.

Why do I let myself get caught up in this when I know it's all temporary? I pondered silently. It's true, there's no lasting future between us. I despise him. I merely used him as a façade. Even if he were to commit to me, I'm uncertain if I could bear the guilt of building our relationship on deceit.

"What's troubling that pretty head of yours, darling?" His voice snapped me back to reality, finding myself seated on his lap in the driver's seat of his car, his furrowed brows directed at me.

"It's nothing," I sighed, tearing my gaze away from his captivating face.

Tears inexplicably welled up in my eyes—a pitiful display. What's become of me?

"Seokjin, are you alright?" His rare use of my real name sent my heart into a momentary flutter. It sounded so right.

"I'm fine, just tired," I replied, attempting a smile.

Avoiding his gaze, I couldn't fathom my own behavior. Mere moments ago, I accused him of cheating on me, and now I yearned for him, despite knowing the impossibility.

Two firm fingers tilted my chin up, forcing me to meet his gaze. Before I could decipher his expression, his lips met mine in a heated embrace. The anxiety that gripped me moments ago dissipated like a vanishing spirit, leaving me breathless.

Clutching his collar, I surrendered to the sensation of his lips on mine. It was our second kiss today, purely physical from his end, yet stirring butterflies within me.