Chapter 8: Betrayal and heartbreak

YN sat in the empty hotel room, their mind reeling from the conversation they'd just had with Tate's best friend, Olivia. The words kept echoing in their head, each one a dagger to their already fragile heart.

"I'm sorry, YN," Olivia had said, her voice laced with sympathy and regret. "I thought you knew. Tate... she slept with LAROI. It happened a few weeks ago, after one of the shows."

YN had felt their world shatter at that moment, the pieces of their once-perfect love crumbling to dust. They had trusted Tate, believed in her promises of forever, only to find out that she had betrayed them in the most intimate way possible.

The door clicked open, and Tate walked in, her smile bright and oblivious. "Hey, babe! I was thinking we could grab some dinner before the show tonight. What do you say?"

YN looked up, their eyes hollow and filled with pain. "How could you, Tate?"

Tate's smile faltered, confusion clouding her features. "What are you talking about, YN?"

"LAROI, Tate. I know about you and LAROI."

The color drained from Tate's face, her eyes widening in shock and horror. "YN, I... I can explain..."

But YN held up a hand, silencing her. "There's nothing to explain, Tate. You slept with him. You betrayed me, betrayed us. After everything we've been through, how could you do this to me?"

Tears streamed down Tate's face, her voice breaking as she pleaded. "YN, please, it was a mistake. I was drunk, and stupid, and I regretted it the moment it happened. It meant nothing, I swear. You're the one I love, the only one I want to be with."

YN shook their head, a bitter laugh escaping their lips. "Love? You don't know the meaning of the word, Tate. If you loved me, truly loved me, you never would have done this. You never would have thrown away everything we had for a meaningless fling."

"YN, please," Tate begged, reaching for them. "Don't do this. Don't leave me. I can't lose you."

But YN stepped back, their heart hardening with each passing second. "You already have, Tate. You lost me the moment you chose him over me, the moment you broke our trust. I can't... I can't do this anymore. I'm done."

And with that, YN walked out of the room, out of the hotel, out of Tate's life. They left behind the shattered remnants of their love, the dreams they had once shared, the future they had planned together.

In the days and weeks that followed, YN tried to move on, tried to piece together the broken shards of their heart. But everywhere they turned, they were haunted by memories of Tate, of the love they had once believed would last forever.

Tate, for her part, was a wreck. She poured her grief into her music, writing songs of regret and longing, of the love she had lost and the mistakes she could never undo. She reached out to YN, again and again, begging for forgiveness, for another chance.

But YN, their heart guarded and their trust shattered, couldn't find it in themselves to forgive, to forget. The betrayal cut too deep, the wound too raw.

And so, they went their separate ways, two hearts forever scarred by the weight of a love that had once seemed invincible. YN moved on, building a new life, a new future, while Tate, haunted by the ghosts of her past, continued to chase the dream of a love she had lost.

Their story, once a fairy tale of hope and devotion, had become a cautionary tale of betrayal and heartbreak. And in the end, they were left to wonder if the love they had shared had ever been real at all, or if it had simply been a beautiful illusion, destined to crumble in the face of fame and temptation.

Love on ice On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara