"i'm not blind. i can tell if someone's faking a smile or not. and she's trying her best to fake a damn good smile when charlotte arrived," nam adds. "maybe you're stuck at where you are now because you know she still feels the same way? why don't you talk to her about it and see what happens?"

"and try to get them to divorce? no, thanks."

"isn't that what you want, to get her back?

"i won't lie that i secretly wish they would break up. but i'm worried about emily. she's too young to experience something like that. i don't want her to go through that pain. more importantly, i don't want to be the reason for that pain of hers."

nam takes one last puff of the cigarette before throwing the bud in the trash can. "tough..." she grimaces. "you love the mother, but you also love the kid."

freen smiles. yeah, maybe she already loves emily even if they've only met for a short time. who wouldn't? besides, emily is still a part of becky, and freen would love anything that's becky-related.

"i don't know..." nam stretches out her arms towards the sky. "all i know is that you two won't be like this forever. someday, someone will do something about this, put an end, or put a new beginning -- i don't know which for. i hope that by the end of it, i can finally see you smiling, cap."

freen glances at her friend, feeling thankful for having people like nam genuinely cares for her.nam is right, they won't be like this forever. her situation with becky is bound to change. freen wishes whatever the ending will be, she hopes for a better life for her.

---

they announced the end of the dinner party early as everyone needs to take their beauty rest for the wedding ceremony tomorrow.

freen postpones catching up with emily that night after seeing becky's husband carry the sleeping kid in his arms. and becky, well, they walk out of the restaurant together with her arm wrapped around his waist.

freen smiles and shakes her head.

yeah, what a happy family.

there's no way she'll ruin that, especially if it's emily who will get hurt the most.

so, she grabs the untouched bottle of wine from the table. then she pulls charlotte out of that place and back into her room.

she came to this island to celebrate and party. she decides she'll do whatever it takes to enjoy it.

---

she wakes up feeling cold -- naked and cold.

she slept on her stomach with her neck turned to the side. discomfort surges through when she lifts her head to look on the other side, seeing how charlotte had all the blanket gathered up on her.