A Simple No

Giorno let out a small sigh of annoyance as he watched his parents walk away, catching up to them towards Elio's waiting car. "Why won't they tell me?" he muttered under his breath, the curiosity and mystery only building.

From the driver's seat, Elio was occupied with her phone until she noticed their arrival. She placed the device aside, turning her gaze to greet them with a playful smirk. Giorno's parents settled comfortably in the backseat as he entered the passenger side next to Elio.

"So, did they finally spill?" Elio asked Giorno teasingly once they were all situated. Her tone was amused yet probing, interest gleaming in her eyes as she awaited his response.

Giorno sighed in exaggerated annoyance, the mystery becoming increasingly irksome. "It's frustrating being left in the dark like this, you know," he replied with a sulky pout. 

Elio struggled to contain her laughter at his impatience, exchanging an amused look with Giorno's parents in the rearview mirror. "Don't worry, I'll reveal all soon enough," she assured him, a glint of mischief in her eyes.

"We'll leave the explanations to you two," Giorno's mother interjected warmly. "This is between you."

Reassured, Giorno relaxed into his seat, watching the scenery pass by as Elio steered towards their destination. While curiosity still gnawed at him, he trusted her promise would shed light on the secret in due time. For now, he simply soaked in the comfort of being reunited once more.

Giorno clicked his seatbelt securely into place with an exaggerated huff of impatience. Crossing his arms, he gazed out the window, muttering, "Whatever you say - I'll be waiting for this big reveal then."

As traffic slowed to a crawl on the highway, Giorno and his parents gradually succumbed to jet lag, drifting into peaceful slumbers. Elio smiled tenderly at their restful states as she leaned back in her seat. Her gaze lingered fondly on Giorno, enamored by his calm, youthful expression in sleep.  

Turning back to focus on guiding their way through the jam, Elio's mind wandered leisurely as she savored this reassuring down time with her loved ones. She looked forward to when they could all unwind and be together again after their long separation. For now, a comfortable quietness surrounded them as they took leisure in each other's company once more.

As nightfall descended upon the long drive, Elio exhaled in tired relief upon pulling into the familiar neighborhood once more. Gentle lamps illuminated their way as street by street, nostalgia wrapped around her. 

She gazed fondly at her sleeping passengers, hating to disturb their rest but knowing they were home. With tender care, Elio tapped their laps in turn - Giorno's parents stirring first followed by her favorite face, his.

Giorno yawned widely as he unbuckled himself, blinking away drowsiness to meet her gaze. Behind them, his parents also stretched and scanned their surroundings with satisfaction. Their return was complete at last.

"Welcome home," Elio smiled, hoping the simple words conveyed her deep joy in having them all near once more after so long apart. This place would always welcome them with open arms, as would she.

Both of Giorno's parents smiled as they looked at Elio, signaling for her to have a talk with Giorno alone about her feelings. "Thank you for the ride, Elio dear," said Giorno's dad as they left the car.

Elio nodded as she looked at Giorno who was trying to leave at 8pm along with his parents. Elio's eyes widened a little as she quickly pulled him back inside, looking at him seriously. "Well, it's still 8pm. How about I take you somewhere else instead?"

Giorno rolled his eyes in mock annoyance. "Seriously? Now? Why can't it wait until tomorrow?" Yet beneath his irritation, curiosity remained—and a sense that whatever Elio wished to show him, it must be important. Her gaze held an earnest plea for understanding that gave him pause.