"Just broke up with Addison", I say.

As the words get out, I regret saying them. It makes it so...real.

"Oh, the girl from the hospital?"

"Yep."

"You'll find another one, don't worry".

I hung up, not able to laugh at his stupid joke.

No, I won't.

I loved her, I still do. I have never felt that for any girl. She's not 'another' girl, not for me.

I'll still die for her to live; I'll still sacrifice my life for hers. Because I LOVE her, and whatever happens, I'll still love her with every breath I take.

I know people will say: "She's just a girl, get over her dude"

But she isn't. For me, she's the world, and twice, no thrice, actually a million times better.

I replay our conversation in my head. How can I let something like that happen?

My voice flashes through my mind:

'I care about you too much for leaving you sad and alone. I love you too much to lose you. I can't... I can't live without you, MaCauley'

All of this is true. Yet I just did. I left her sad and alone. In this moment she needs me, and I left her!

I get up and walk as quickly as I can to her house. I rearrange my hair and ring at the door.

Her sister opens it. There's this awkward moment when she realizes I left and get back. Or it's something else...

"She's locked in the bathroom upstairs", she says, letting me enter.

I nod and give her a little smile to thank her.

I run upstairs and once I am in the corridor, I let the sound of tears guiding me to the bathroom.

I knock on the door.

Addison stops crying for a second, surely ashamed someone heard her.

"Occupied, you can go downstairs."

"Actually, I would like to speak to you", I reply.

I hear her unlocking the door, she looks at me.

Her mascara is ruined by tears, her hair messy, she put on the sweatshirt I gave her a week ago.

"What are you doing here?" She asks

"What I said I'll do. Being here for you."

She smiles despite the tears flowing on her face.

"Can you wait for me two seconds?" She asks.

"Of course", I reply.

She locked her in the bathroom again.

Hope she'll open the door.

After two minutes, she opens the door again.

I smile, she washed her face and brushed her hair.

"You didn't have to", I say.

She grins.

"Now it's not fair because I must look like a mess"

"No, you don't", she says.

"Wait", she stops me from moving.

"You have something in your hair". She gently removes whatever this 'thing' was.

She's just an inch from me, this strength comes again. I swear I'm dying to kiss her. Only, I know it's too soon.

She takes a step backwards, breaking the tension.

"Let's go outside, she says. I have something to show you"

She takes my hand in hers and it almost feels like this breakup never happened.

We walk through the entrance before going in her garden.

It stopped raining but the grass is still wet. The sky is all dark, the only light being the moon and stars. At the end of the land, she stops and lays down on the ground.

"Come on, Charlie", she says, sitting to pull me down.

I lay next to her.

"Look!" She grabs my hand and point at the sky with the other as a shooting star pass by.

I look over at her.

"Did you see it?" she asks.

Because I don't answer, she turns towards me.

She laughs when she sees I was staring at her.

"I'm sorry, I murmur, I mustn't have gone"

"But you came back", she smiles.

After a moment of silence, she says:
"I am sorry."

"You have nothing to be sor-"

"Don't. Please let me speak."

I nod.

"I must have told you the truth sooner. I can't apologize enough to not have done it. And for before... I..."

I give her hand a squeeze.

"I was afraid. Afraid to lose you", she cries.

I listen to her, knowing that's what she wants me to do.

"But then I realize I wouldn't. Because you're not this kind of guy", she half-smiles.

"And a new fear grew in me. What if I hurt you like I did to Noah?"

She cries, not able to stop.

"You did NOT hurt him. He hurt you."

She looks over at me.

"He didn't."

"We both know the truth, Addison"

"I...", she says.

I sit and hold her against my heart. She cries in my shirt.

She lifts her head up a bit, looking into my eyes.

"How can you still be here after all the mean things I said to you?"

"I love you, A. That's the reason why I can't bear to see you suffer. That's the reason why I left and that's why I came back."

"I'll always come back for you", I say. I immediately regret saying this.

"I love you too, Charlie", she replies.

I lost myself in her eyes. Her voice is a melody I could listen to for the rest of my days.

"That's the reason why I am afraid if I let you in, you will never be able to go back."

I smile at her words.

"Why would I ever want to go back?"

She kisses me, making me forget about the rest of the world. SHE is my world; how can I ask for more? Having her by my side forever is my only wish.

♡♡♡♡♡

I lay in bed, trying to sleep. The events of the day come rushing in my head. I still can't believe all of this happened today. This day felt like the end, but it is just the beginning. I smile, daydreaming before sleep takes me. 

Hey my favorite readers❤️

How are you all?

I hope you liked this chapter. Not that much happen, I know. The next chapter will surely be longer, because it'll be the trip! I'm so excited to share it with you😆

Don't hesitate to share all your thoughts in the comments, I really love talking with you✨

Anyways, have a great day/night

Lots of love,

Ayla🩵