1: 𝐈'𝐦 𝐆𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐂𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐲, 𝐀𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐈?

LEGEND - Languages
╰┈➤ Japanese: normal text
╰┈➤ English: italicized text
╰┈➤ Tagalog/Filipino: bold text

.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

Sometime in the afternoon, in a much smaller and more familiar city, several students crowded under the intense summer heat to try and catch a glimpse of the barred scene. The sound of approaching police sirens only added to the severity of the situation. 

As intense whisper-like gossip spread among the students, one of the stationed police officers approached the idle truck in the middle of the road; The driver in question was seated by the sidewalk with a fellow investigator. He passed them rather quickly, but even so, it was enough time to see the guilt trapped behind the driver's eyes. At least it was obvious that he didn't intend for anyone to get hurt.

While the officer made his way to the front of the truck, he watched as one of the medics rose from the ground. Their eyes shifted to meet his as they spoke, "Time of death: 2:28 PM," The medic sighed, "We were too late,"

A sigh escaped his lips as his gaze fell to the ground: to the spot where the victim, a female high school student, lay.  His voice carried a hint of sorrow as he spoke to the surrounding medics; and even then, he couldn't help but take a glimpse at the student's lifeless eyes right before her body was covered.

Coincidentally, another tragic accident took place at the exact same time. Somewhere at a long-awaited get-together, panicked voices flooded the open area as a lifeguard rose up and out of the pool with a girl's limp body in his arms. Sobs of anguish filled the air as they set her onto the cold ground. Even after several attempts to get her breathing again, she remained unresponsive. The ones responsible stood quietly in horror as they watched the lifeguard pull away from the corpse.

What a tragic end for the two friends who quite literally still had their whole lives ahead of them. They didn't deserve to meet their deaths the way they did, but then again, their passing seemed to be inevitable. There was nothing they could have possibly done to stop it.

And so fate decided to give them a second chance… but whether that chance was a good or bad thing was all up to them.

° ° °

"C'MON LIGHTEN UP SHOUTA, WE GOT THE WHOLE ROOF TO OURSELVES!! I CHECKED ON IT EARLIER," 

Shouta merely grumbled in reply as Hizashi's voice rang all throughout the stairwell. Climbing the steps alongside him was none other than Oboro Shirakumo, a friend he (initially) begrudgingly made a few months back.

Much to his dismay, Oboro only quickened his pace up the steps, "It's not gonna be our secret place anymore if you announce it to the whole school, Hizashi,"

The door to the rooftop swung open with a loud thump, and luckily, in a more tamed manner, Hizashi called back, "See?! Still empty!" His hands made it to both sides of his hips as he turned to glance at his friends. There was a flash of amusement in his eyes at the sight of Shouta lagging behind Oboro.

Once Shouta was about three steps away from the entrance, Oboro bolted out into the open area, letting out a startling yelp of freedom. Hizashi snickered behind him before shoving his hands into his pockets.

Shouta, on the other hand, was much too focused on climbing the stairs to see that both his friends would come to an abrupt halt halfway across the rooftop.