Chapter One • Yup Yeah Fine •

Harrison's POV •
I sat in the front seat of dad's new employee jeep with my arms crossed and a slouched poster. I'm pretty sure the scowl game on my face was so strong it had a scent. Most likely pickles.
Darn cucumbers soaked in evil.
"You know," Daddy said grabbing my attention. "You can't be mad at me forever."
"Yup." I sighed.
"It's just for today."
"Yeah."
"You'll be okay. You might even have fun."
"Fine."
"Harrison! You have to say more than just Yup, Yeah, Fine. I don't understand why you're so mad anyway." He exclaimed shrugging his shoulders.
I sat up and faced him and gave him an evil glare. "It's my birthday, Dad!" I shouted using Dad instead of Daddy so he knew I was mad and turned back to my slouch.
I heard his loud sigh and I knew he was shaking his head. "I'm so sor-" I cut him off.
"Sorry is so over used with you. I'm finally 13 and I was hoping I could actually feed the Raptors with you today. But since you know, you have 'business to attend to' I guess I'll wait till next year. If you're business is taken care of by then." I murmured that last part playing with my fingers, feeling tears in my eyes.
He didn't say another word. I knew I made him feel guilty and I am happy he is. I've planned this entire day out ever since dad promised the day I turned 13 would be the day 8 years ago. Now that it won't be what the heck am I supposed to do on my birthday? I swear, it feels like he likes his Raptors more than me. When Moma died we were both devastated but I knew where his feelings went. The Raptors. Now, no love for the daughter. I was sick of being blew off. This isn't the first time. & something tells me it won't be the last b
Once we stopped I saw Claire talking to another lady with black hair, a tight skirt, and heels.
Dad and I got out of the jeep and walked over to them. Claire saw me and smiled, the lady followed shortly after her.
"Harrison, this is Zara my assistant, she'll watch over you today." Claire told me smiling, I couldn't tell if it was real or fake.
I just blinked. Her and dad stepped off to the side and started whispering and Zara smiled brightly at me. Oh geez. Here we go.
"Hi! We're gonna have so much fun!" She put her hands on my shoulders and shook me slightly.
I simply moved her hands to anywhere but me and dad walked back over.
He bent down to get to my height with an obvious sad face. I kept my scowl on.
"I'll see you for dinner ok?" He asked.
I just looked at my feet, not wanting him to see my tears, and nodded solemnly.
"I love you." He kissed my head then stood up to walk away.
"I hate you."
He turned around and looked at me with tears in eyes. I looked away immediately and he watched as Zara grabbed my hand and drug me to the jeep I'm sure the park gave her.
I watched in the rear view mirror as Daddy got smaller and I let out a sob. What have I done?