✰. . .the little things

CHAPTER THIRTEEN [ real life, instagram ]

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
[ real life, instagram ]

Instagram story!

delilaheverhart
posted 5 minutes ago

delilaheverhart posted 5 minutes ago

real life!

delilah was nervous. like sweating in palms nervous. she could practically feel her heart beating out of her ribcage. and she was almost positive chris could tell.

"delilah?"

she head turned in his direction, chris looked at her concerned. he had noticed the way she was fiddling with her fingers relentlessly and the way she kept biting the inside of her cheek. clear giveaways she wasn't okay.

she hummed back at him as a response "are you okay?" he whispered to her. they sat side by side in matts van as they drove to school. though chris had argued with lucy about who gets to sit in the passenger seat, lucy won. luckily, chris wasn't too upset with who he had to sit next to instead.

"i'm fine, just like nervous about this whole thing i guess" she muttered to him. he nodded his head in understanding

"it's okay, i'll be by your side through all of it" he nodded his head to confirm his words. but he didn't see her smile so he decided to take her hand in his, intertwining them. feeling relieved when he saw her dimples make an appearance.

to try and distract her from the nerves she was feeling he decided to compliment her "you look very pretty"

from his flattery remark, lilah looked at him surprised. "what? is that not what boyfriends are supposed to say?" he teased her, grinning. lilah struggled to hold back her smile as she shook her head.