Lisa stared at him stunned, reminiscing about the feel of his surprisingly soft lips.

"You...!" Lisa stammered speechless–ly, her gaze turning fierce.

"Don't worry love, you've kept your part of the deal and now it's my turn to keep to the end of the bargain." He said.

Lisa stared at him, this was one of the first times she heard him say so much in a day.

Maybe he didn't realize it, but he was starting to change.

"Growl!"

An angry animalistic growl escaped the old man's throat, drawing their attention back to the old man.

Chills climbed up Lisa's spine as she watched a human produce this sound.

"P–please." Rejoice choked in between sobs, her father's closed fist wrapped around her neck. "F–father!" She cried, "I am so–sorry."

"It's too late for sorries." Her father roared, his eyes glowing fiercely. "I gave you an order, I didn't ask! Now, you get to pay for disobeying me."

"Someone!" Margret screamed in tears, watching her only daughter being strangled by her father. "Please do something, please!"

Amidst all the drama, Marcos slowly stood up, his feet silently moved towards the center of the commotion.

If he had one wish, that would be to disappear from here.

He sighed, "Enough old man."

His voice wasn't the loudest nor was it the softest but somehow, it was still heard.

Like a drama that was staged, everything froze.

Marcos' cold eyes, his expressionless face, his majestic voice, and his gloomy aura all combined, like a director whose actors failed to get a scene, made everyone subconsciously feel fear.

"Your act doesn't cut it, sir, I can tell what's real and what's fake."

"You caught me then." He said, with a look of disgust on his face. He took his palm which was wrapped around Rejoice's neck, throwing her like she was nothing. "My acting was top-notch. I wonder how you found any flaws."

"Top notch?" He scoffed, "Don't think you can fool me, why would you do anything to your precious daughter?" He sarcastically refuted, "Let's get this over with, I don't like to keep my matters unattended."

Marcos' father let out a laugh. "That isn't why you are impatient."

"That's my business, let's discuss what I am here for." Marcos coldly cut. "I wouldn't love to spend a second more in this place. The sooner I leave, the better."

"How can you be so unfeeling to a place you grew up in son?" His father asked with a smile on his face.

"Let me remind you of your role as an old man." Marcos let out a cold air, "You are my sperm donor, not my father. Do not call me your son ever again Mr Ross. We have long severed whatever ties us together."

Mr Ross, smiled, "still unable to forget the past over something trivial as that?"

"Trivial?"

Lisa heard Marcos' voice tremble, her heart nearly missing a beat.

This heartless and crude man, she thought.

Mr Ross, takes what happened thirteen years ago, as trivial? She kept asking in her mind, what kind of father was this?

"Isn't it?" Mr Ross snickered, "It's been so long isn't it time for you to get over it?"

"What did you say?" Marcos gritted with a growl, "So long you say?"

"Hasn't it?" Mr Ross replied, looking at Marcos like he was foolish. "It's time you got over it."

"You want me to forget the fact that my mother's death was due to your negligence?" Marcos gritted.

"What imprudence? Where have I ever been careless, especially when it comes to my concubines?" Mr Ross shamelessly replied. "Your mother's demise had nothing to do with me. Everyone dies one day, her's was an unfortunate event that happened unexpectedly."

"Regardless, you have the effrontery to say this to my face?"

"If I don't say it to you, then do you mind me telling it to Damien, perhaps your mate Lisa would be a better option since those two are the only people you listen to." Mr. Ross said, heading to the other end of the hall.

Before Marcos could refute, Mr Ross had already walked to the end of the hall, which led to a passage, leading to his office.

"Let's not discuss our unattractive topics in front of so many people, if you have anything to say, come say it to me in the office."

With a dark face, Marcos turned to show a smile to Lisa. "I will be right back, remember don't trust anyone, and don't let them bully you." He then called to his younger brother, "Damien, take care of your sister-in-law, and show her to your room, I will be right back."

Sorry for the late update. Vote and comment 🥰