0.7 | 𝘭𝘢 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘢

ابدأ من البداية

The drive to Mimolette and Beaufort's home was pretty long, he dozed off a few times throughout the journey, but eventually they did arrive.
It was a beautiful manor, and his eyes gleamed when he saw it.
"Woah, it's so pretty!"
Mimolette chuckled "indeed, come along Roquefort, you have much to unpack." She said softly.
He was guided up to his room, and if was perfect.
A balcony, toy chest, a desk, a bed—
It was perfect.
He gleamed, hugging his auntie tight.
His Auntie would smile and giggle, patting Roguefort on the head before shooing him off to unpack and dress into comfortable clothes.
He put everything away, clothes In drawers, books on the shelf, toys in the toy chest, stuffed toys on the bed.
And he dressed in his comfiest pajamas.
He hurried down the stairs, sitting in the dining room, tonights dinner is Chicken and Gnocchi soup, their personal favourite.
"Eat up, Mon étoile."
Roguefort nodded enthusiastically.

-----------------------------------------------✩

" Mentir "

-----------------------------------------------✩

[ January 13, 1993 ]

It's been 2 months since he's stayed with his Auntie, he'd send frequent letters to his brothers, but they never respond.
It's fine, their probably busy anyway.
He wrote another letter, sealing it into an envelope with the address, and a postal stamp.
He ran outside excitedly, stuffing it into the mail box and heading back inside.
He sat at the table, eating his late lunch.
Mimolette hummed, wiping her hands off with a rag.
"I'll be right back, just need to get the newspaper." She'd say, in a sweet tone, heading out the door and toward the mailbox.

She came back inside with the newspaper, smiling and setting it at the table.
Beaufort went downstairs, picking the newspaper up and reading through it while drinking some coffee.
"Bad Water and Bad weather, eh? Looks like the water supplies down for a while" Beaufort would state with a slight grumble, sipping his coffee.
Roguefort would mindlessly eat his lunch, reading a book his Auntie bought for him.
Something about a girl and a double life, I think..

Whatever it was, Roguefort was intrigued, not even listening in on his Auntie and Uncles bickering as he read.
"Oh hush, Beaufort, look how enthralled he is" she gestured to Roguefort, reading his book mindlessly.
Beaufort would sigh, turning back to the news paper.
Roguefort flipped a page, eating a spoonful of whatever he was eating, making little noises of shock or surprise every few minutes.
He was quite smart, now that his auntie thought about it.
Being homeschooled and such wasn't as hard as she thought, especially since she wasn't actually intending on teaching him things such as "stealing is bad" or the like.
She taught him how to pick locks, how to steal, escape, etc.
And Roguefort thought this was all normal.
They did move alot however, Roguefort never knew why but he found they were never in one place for too long.
They were like Nomads, always moving from one place to another.
This did result in quite a lonely boy for his age, no friends due to the constant move.
His Auntie and Uncle never explained it to him, simply stating It was grown up stuff.

-----------------------------------------------✩

" un visage familier.. "

-----------------------------------------------✩

At some point in his life, he met this boy at the park.
He had brown hair, blue eyes, and a plastic police badge.
"Do you wanna play Cops and Robbers?" The boy would ask enthusiastically, and how could Roguefort refuse?
He smiled, nodding happily.
Maybe he'd make a friend this time.