The Thrid Night

○- Dark clouds shrouded the moon, casting an ominous shadow over the desolate landscape.

In the abandoned building, three boys-Kel, Opel, and Lin Gathered - their unease palpable as the impending storm grew nearer. They weren't alone.

Lin gathered them here remembering a dream he had of the house that shadowed him during the rest of the day, connecting towards the strange events from yesterday; from the projector, and his anomaly heath state of being struck by lightning.

After he went home, a sudden pull of curiosity left him to do rough research of Morse code and any information leading towards the possibilities of going unscathed from a lightning strike.

Discovering nothing about going undamaged from a lightning strike, revealing it to be even more bizarre.

While his research on morse-code was a success, finding a series of translations regarding them, he strains his mind, thinking of what the projector had spoken of.

Which strangely made the bridge from dream to occurrence.
He was lucky that his friends complied from the sudden adventure to one of the most disturbing abandoned houses in town, amongst the erratic reasoning to search the house.

Lin was focused on gathering any clues he might find from the projector's instructions.

as they traveled through the front portion of the house, Lin and the gang pooled near a flight of stairs.

"Let's check the stairs. We could split up. " Before Opel could finish that sentence, Lin chimed in.

"Let's not. In every horror film, when the group splits up, something bad always happens," he claimed, gesturing emphatically.

"So we all go upstairs...?" Kel added to the conversation. They all nodded and anxiously made their way upstairs, the thoughts from yesterday's events were on a tight leash, keeping a good handle on them.

The stairs leading up had some broken steps, which required the group to leap to explore the upper floor.

This was also where Lin had a hunch he might find answers to the mysteries from when the dissociation occurred and the dreams started.

"Here we go," Kel grunted as he leaped across the two platforms. Opel followed, and Lin was last, struggling to get across due to a snagged shoe.

"Shit, my shoe... of course, this would happen to me."

"Should have tied it tighter," Opel chimed, prompting a 'shut up before you lose yours' look from Kel.

Opel raised his hands in a gesture of surrender and continued up the stairs. The hallway they reached had two doors on the right, illuminated by the moonlight casting a window sill shadow on the walls.

Kel paused momentarily to grab his sandals from his bag, which he had left there after a pool party the previous weekend.

"Here, Lin. I kept forgetting to take these out of my bag from that pool party."

Lin tossed the flip-flops to him, and he caught one while the other dropped to the floor.

He raised his hand in gratitude as he put them on.

"I mean... It's not shoes, but it's something," Opel added with optimism.

"Right..." Lin responded slowly.

Continuing down the hallway, they discussed which room to search first. Lin had a feeling that what he was looking for might be there.

Lin walked forward, the sound of their flip-flops echoing humorously through the building, lessening the tension slightly.