Engagement

Aradhya kept looking at the mirror. The big mirror in the dressing room. She looked at her off-white lehenga. The upper blouse was embroided with a sequence of pearls and diamonds. She wore her organza cape.

She traced her empty looking left wrist. She could still feel the words ライアンを愛しています ( I love you, Ryan), even though she got her tattoo removed.

She kept looking at herself. Size M. She shredded the fat. From 4XL to M. Not bad, she thought to herself.
Her breathing stopped as she felt two hands on her waist.
" Aaru, you were always the most beautiful star." The words lingered in her ears.
It was the ghost of Ryan. She sighed.
" Why would I think of him now? It's been 4 years already. I am getting engaged, " She thought.

But somehow, all she thought was Ryan. His dark eyes filled with emotions. The smile that takes away her breath. The gentle touch of his hands on her skin. Her room blurred as he became real

" He isn't here," She shouted out loud.

She took a deep breath, started noticing her surroundings.

She looked around. It was her room.

The cream colored walls, an old big wooden bed in the middle, are surrounded by two side tables with drawers. Leaving some space, there were two big wooden cupboards. Adjoining the cupboard was the bathroom door. The circular window and the wooden shelf with the mirror she was standing in front of.

She walked towards the side-table on the left hand side of her bed and opened the first drawer with the key. The drawer had a medium sized velvet jewelry box. She took the box. There was a compartment filled with her earrings. She separated it and placed it on the table. There were many envelopes in the leftover place. Above the envelopes, there was a small shiny paper with some scribbling. She picked it up and read it again and again.

Her breaths slowed down. It was second time in the week she hallucinated Ryan followed by a panic attack since she read the letter.

A month before Aradhya's engagement confirmed with her best friend Taral. She met Taral during her masters in London. It wasn't a traditional arranged marriage but it definitely wasn't a love.

4 days ago she received a gift. It was a beautiful 18k gold bridal diamond necklace with matching diamond earrings.