five

CHAPTER FIVE
The Sunshine Agenda

───────── ⋆⋅ ⟡ ⋅⋆─────────

1 September 2024
29 days till the end of the world

— Mark Lee's House

The next morning was a hazy blur. Empty cups were strewn everywhere and so were some of the classmates and friends of Mark Lee. It was past noon yet even the host himself was fast asleep.

The aftermath of the drinking games the previous night was chaotic. Jia snd Jisung easily won their bottle of vodka from Hot Kisses. With much revelations, the pair spent the remainder of the night getting drunk and dancing together with their friends.

Once Jisung had finally admitted his love for Jia, he couldn't stop. Every passing moment that night was spent with Jia, he held her close and placed soft kisses on her sweet spots. That night, they crashed in Jeno's bed and fell asleep in each other's arms.

"Zhong Jia, it's time to get up!" Jisung whispered softly to the girl laying next to him.

"Hello Jisungie~" Jia uttered tiredly, shielding her face from the Sun and to prevent her alcohol breath from reeking out.

"Hi baby," Jisung greeted softly in her ear with his deep morning voice.

Jia swore it felt like a dream. There she was, comfortably cuddling in her only love's warm embrace. The previous night was chaotic, yet she remembered every second with Park Jisung. From him dropping her mother's antique mug collection to having their first kiss together. That afternoon, she had practically woke up in his arms.

"We have to get up?" Jia pouted, playing with Jisung's front strands of hair.

"We do, we have a lot of catching up to do. Come on, we've got to find Chenle and Mai," Jisung smiled softly at Jia, placing a love-laced kiss on her cheek.

Although they shared a sweet moment, Jia couldn't help but wonder whether Jisung only decided to love her then because the world was ending.

Had it not been for the comet, would he have realised the love she had for him?

───────── ⋆⋅ ⟡ ⋅⋆─────────

"I can't fucking do this today," Donghyuck groaned tiredly.

"You literally took two steps and called it a day!" Jaemin scolded Donghyuck, throwing a plastic cup at him.

"Well Jaemin, I was busy being the best ever emcee and cupid last night. I think I deserve a break!" Donghyuck beamed happily.

However, Mark Lee had finally gotten up due to Jaemin and Dockhyuck's extremely loud bickering. Lee Donghyuck was not exactly a quiet person in the morning and had already started whining about cleaning up Mark's house.

"Help us clean my house or sleep on the streets you rat," Mark grumbled, pushing Donghyuck off his couch before taking his place.

"Somebody had one too many drinks!" Jaemin nagged loudly, pointing at Mark and Chenle.

"Shut the hell up you two, it's too bright and noisy," Chenle snapped at Jaemin and Donghyuck.

As Chenle lay on the floor beside Mark who was on the couch, the entire place brooded of fatigue, hangovers and sadness. Although everyone had the time of their lives the night before, it was hard to grasp their reality fully sober.