Virushka + Vami + Shub: A New Baby!? (Part - 1)

A  NEW BABY!?
VIRUSHKA + VAMIKA + SHUBMAN
Part 1

VIRAT'S POV:

As I slowly stirred from my sleep, the faint sound of retching reached my ears, pulling me from the realm of dreams into the stark reality of the early morning. Anushka's distressed coughs echoed through our bedroom, cutting through the serene silence of the dawn.

Instinct kicked in before my mind fully registered what was happening. With a sense of urgency, I threw off the covers and leaped out of bed, my heart pounding with worry. The familiarity of the situation didn't lessen the concern that gripped me every time this occurred.

I hurried to the bathroom, my bare feet padding softly against the cool tiles. The sight that greeted me as I pushed open the door was all too familiar yet no less distressing. Anushka was hunched over the toilet, her face pale and drawn, her hair disheveled, strands clinging to her sweaty forehead.

"Anu, are you okay?" I asked, my voice laced with concern as I knelt down beside her, gently pulling her hair back from her face. The acrid scent of vomit filled the air, making my stomach churn in sympathy.

Anushka looked up at me, her eyes tired but filled with gratitude. "I'm sorry, Virat," she murmured, her voice hoarse with exhaustion. "I don't know what's wrong with me."

My heart clenched at the sight of her discomfort, at the helplessness that washed over me each time she suffered like this. "Shh, don't apologize," I whispered, reaching for a towel to wipe her face gently. "Let's get you cleaned up, okay?"

"Anu," I began gently, my voice hesitant yet filled with concern as I sat beside her on the bathroom floor, "do you remember when your last period was?"

Anushka's brow furrowed in thought as she leaned against me, her exhaustion palpable. "Um, I think it was about a month ago," she replied, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

A knot formed in my stomach at her response, a flicker of realization dawning upon me. Could it be? Was this the reason behind her recent bouts of nausea and discomfort?

"Anu, do you think... maybe we should get a pregnancy test?" I suggested tentatively, my heart racing with a mix of anticipation and trepidation. The words hung in the air between us, laden with unspoken hopes and fears.

Anushka's eyes widened in surprise, her gaze meeting mine in silent understanding. For a moment, neither of us spoke, the weight of the possibility looming large over us.

Then, with a small nod, Anushka reached for my hand, squeezing it gently as a sense of shared resolve settled between us. "Okay, let's do it," she murmured, her voice steady despite the uncertainty that lay ahead.

After our conversation in the bathroom, I gently urged Anushka to rest while I took charge of the morning routine. With a reassuring smile, I helped her settle back into bed, making sure she was comfortable before leaving the room.

Next, I tiptoed into Vamika's room, where our little ray of sunshine lay curled up in her bed, her soft breaths filling the air. Careful not to wake her too abruptly, I approached her bedside, a fond smile tugging at my lips as I watched her sleep.

"Good morning, princess," I whispered, leaning down to press a gentle kiss to her forehead. Vamika stirred, her eyelids fluttering open to reveal sleepy yet curious eyes.