Day 3 - Storm: 7/11

Start from the beginning

"Huh..." 20100 looks down at a small alcove in the lower portion of the box where there are now two soft discs for some reason.

What would High Score do? High Score wouldn't waste resources, and my resources here are these discs.

With that conclusion in mind, 20100 stashes one disc into a leg hole, and inserts the extra one the machine spat out into the slot before pulling the lever again.

Chest, weird two red balls on a string [cherries], chest.

20100 happily watches the show and claps in the end when two chips fall out of the bottom slot.

What's making the pictures change and move? Can I do it with my drawings?

Again.

Apple. Chest. Chest. Two chips. Clap. Clap. "Ehehehe!"

Again...

***

"GUYS, YOU GOTTA SEE THIS!"

Thanks to 93's hangover having subsided dramatically over the past hour, the excited mental call reaches every single drone on the ship along with the ping marking 20100's position inside the casino. Shortly after, the calling drone finds itself surrounded by a semicircle of bobbing black heads having a tough time remaining focused amidst all the sounds and colors.

"I found a duplication box!" 20100 taps its hoof against the slot machine.

"What does it do?" asks 36658, meaningfully staying as far as it can from 99111.

"You put this disc thingy they call a chip in... and you get two back!" 20100 beams, sitting next to a pile of one-bit chips bigger than itself.

A bold claim like that requires a demonstration, which 20100 repeats several times, accompanied by 'oooh' and 'wooow' of the drones watching the flashy display.

"Can I try?" asks 99380, "Wait, where did you get these chips in the first place?"

"I traded a few shinies that I got yesterday for them."

"Goop!" pouts 99380, "I don't have any."

"No worries!" 20100 presents a pile of chips to it held in both forelegs, "Here ya go!"

99380 follows the instructions and-

Cherries. Banana. Apple.

The box plays a couple of somber notes and nothing falls out.

"Awww. Did I do it wrong?" 99380 scratches its head.

"Uhhh, no?" 20100 tilts its head, equally as puzzled, "Let me try again just in case."

Chest. Pirate. Chest. Two bits.

"Huuuuh..." 10013 examines the box from all sides.

"I... think it might not work that way for anyone other than 20100," says 36658 who has been uncharacteristically silent until now, "Mind if everyone else gives it a shot, buddy?"

"Of course not!" 20100 shrugs and shoves a chunk of the pile towards the others, "I can always get more chippies, it seems."

"Can I try too, please?" asks 65536 politely, "I know I'm not part of-"

*PILE SHOVE!*

"Hee hee hee!" the Nightguard drone accepts the presented chips and patiently waits its turn with the duplication box.

Some experimentation and a bunch of lost chips later, 36658 stops 10013 from putting in another chip.

"I think we tested my theory enough. 20100, this flashy box is yours."