Chapter 1

"Quietkit!" Crookedkit shouted. "I'm coming!" Crookedkit launched herself on top of Quietkit. Quietkit squealed from joy. then she was in the air. "Fidgetpelt!" Quietkit mewed sadly. Quietkit had no mother nor father. she was found as a young kit and was taken in by the small group of cats known as DawnClan. Crookedkit had also been found and was younger than Quietkit, though they still enjoyed playing together. Fidgetpelt was the medicine cat, she took care of all the cats of DawnClan. Then, Quietkit heard a voice calling from Treerock, the place where Rainstar named announcements and other important things. "All cats old enough to climb and see the rising sun, join beneath the Treerock for a Clan meeting." Climbing in trees was a big part of life for dawnClan, so kits learned at a young age "Quietkit," It's me? Quietkit thought. "You have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Quietpaw. I, Rainstar, will mentor you. I hope I will pass down all I know on to you." Rainstar made a big, arching jump off of the Treerock and touched noses with Quietpaw. "Quietpaw! Quietpaw!"Her clanmates shouted. Quietpaw walked over to Crookedkit, who had a giant smile on her face. "I can't believe it!"She shouted. Then Rainstar gave a look to Quietpaw and the two padded off to explore the forest.