interlogue

They say that she breathes life, but is it truly life that she breathes, when death have come within her grasp?

If there are gods within the skies, they must have a twisted sense of humor, or perhaps they are simply blind to the suffering of the mortal realm.

Life, death, the gods are the source of all—and yet, it feels like they're merely playing a game.

With mere humans as the mere pawns they set upon and pull the strings for their own entertainment.

For all her power, she has been unable to change anything.

For all her rage, she is still held down by chains—chains of her own making.

They say she fills the world with life, but what does life mean when they she's no longer in control of her own life?

What meaning does life hold if she is no longer free?

To hold a soul in utter bondage is to steal its uniqueness, yet this is what she has been destined to do.

If she cannot be free, why not give up? Why bother living at all, if she has no agency or control over her life?

If she cannot be free why did they let her live?

Death is what she deserves, it would be the only thing that could provide true freedom for her.

It would be a release from the constant torment and misery that she is forced to suffer. She yearns for it above all else, and it's the least she deserves.

Though she felt trapped, a voice echoed through the darkness.

A voice that told her: "Your freedom is just a heartbeat away."

"Reach out, and it is yours," the voice urged her, promising freedom, liberation.

But she knew that it was all a lie, it was just an illusion—a trick. All smoke and mirrors to deceive her, and for what purpose?

What was the cost of this "freedom," it couldn't be free. What was she losing to obtain it?

What was she made for?