bachelorette party

Start bij het begin

freen pulls away from the hug. "yeah. haha. didn't know you were coming either."

"well, she forced me and threatened me." orn glances at the bride-to-be. "she said you weren't coming, and she can't afford another friend bailing out."

"i will be really mad," says noey. "my wedding is next week. i'm too stressed. i need to relax. i need a moment to get away from wedding planning shenanigans, and this party is the key. but what's the use of having a bachelorette party if my friends won't come, huh?"

freen and orn chuckle.

"she is drunk," says orn.

"i know." freen lifts her head upon noticing another figure approaching. her eyes widen. "kade? you're here too?"

"whaddup, freen." kade hugs her. "of course i'll be here. i'd want to document how wasted noey will get tonight. it'll be a perfect show on her wedding day, right?"

noey scoffs. "yeah. that's what a loyal friend does, kade."

freen's smile grows bigger the more she realises how this bachelorette party serves as a mini-reunion with the people she considers important in her life. it's not every day someone can fill a room with people who could touch their life. freen's happy her schedule got cancelled today.

a beam of bright yellow light from the corner of the hotel room catches freen's attention. a figure came out from what she assumes to be a bathroom due to the sound of the toilet flush inside.

freen thinks she's having another déjà vu as this person is sporting the same image of the woman who keeps recurring in her mind lately.

but freen knows it isn't déjà vu because the woman looks back at her with the same surprised expression, wearing that very familiar face freen still memorised.

noey pats her shoulder and speaks in her very drunken tone, "oh. forgot to mention. becky's here too."

---

it's been almost two years now since she'd last seen the woman, two years since that painful talk they had.

she never thought they would see each other again. she thought it was the last time she will lay her eyes upon this beautiful human being.

a lot has happened since then. a lot has changed.

and freen couldn't understand how this woman can still make her heart skip a beat.

she still can't fathom how this woman can still look perfect in that skirt, sneakers, and semi-formal blouse combo. freen feels like a kid who's developing her first crush allover again.

pathetic, yes. but despite the continuous changes happening around the globe, this woman seems to be the only constant thing in her life -- the untouchable part in her heart.