This didn't do much to stop it but it helped.

The one time Niklaus and Jakobe had been truly divided was when Tatia Petrova entered their life

The one time Niklaus and Jakobe had been truly divided was when Tatia Petrova entered their life. Twirling three Mikaelson brothers on her finger like a toy.

It was the first time Jakobe had intentionally used his powers on him. Having pushed Niklaus against their home, feeling the urge to pull and drain. So he did.

Almost immediately he was thrown off by his mother who slapped him down to the floor making him sneer, throwing his hand out she slams into a tree.

Just when she goes to make a move on him Mikael is in her way sword at her neck.

"Leave with the boy." He says to his wife, she opens his mouth to retort but he yells at her. "Take the boy and leave woman! Go back home, I'm taking Jakobe on my hunt. We'll be back by tomorrow."

Be gives her no time to respond before turning around and grabbing his son's arm amd dragging him roughly to the forest berating him for the first time in his life.

"Not only do you dare fight your brother outside of our home for our neighbors to see, but you use magic on your mother in broad daylight over a widowed child bearing whore!" He shouts after he shoves his son against a tree when theyre far enough away.

Jakobe's head hangs down in shame, Mikael smacks him upside the head making him wince.

"I expect your brother's to fall for that wench's schemes but you my boy?" He sounds disappointed. "Do not let silly things such as love make you blind to people." He sighs, voice lower as he lays a hand on Jakobe's shoulder.

"Look at me boy."

Jakobe's head raises slowly, eyes wet as he stares at his father. Witnessing a tiny sliver of the hatred he has shown tp his younger brother and hating it.

"You end this farce with that whore. You focus on training, you will become a warrior and kill many before you ever find the one you will call your own do you hear me boy?" Mikael says gruffly, Jakobe nods his head fast.

"I will become a warrior with the death of hundreds behind me before I ever take up a woman." He promises, Mikael smirks.

"Good." And like that he was back to the father he had always been, clapping him on the shoulder and leading him through the forest to kill as many animals as they could find.

Similarly Niklaus was being berated by Esther for getting that close to him, and for the first time in his life he genuinely feels terrified of his brother.

When Jakobe comes back the next day he ignores both of his brothers and Tatia, much to their surprise and her annoyance.

And it stays that way until a fateful night that changes their lives forever.