[146] REUNION - APRIL 9 2024

A/N: idea @stargirlpjm. Respecting your wish not to share a screenshot. I have no idea about this topic but I hope you like it.

Jungkook wasn't planning on going to their high school reunion. He had no interest in knowing who is who and what they had been upto, he never really had that many close friends and he didn't stay in touch with anyone as he joined his mandatory military service as soon as he graduated high school. And now it's been 10 years and he is 28.

He coincidentally met his ex high school mate, Taehyung, at his current workplace with whom he occasionally talked to, outside work. Jungkook is a lawyer

**

"Yoongi will be there... Hoseok and Jin too... Namjoon too..." Taehyung says as he reads the names of the confirmed ex students out loud

Jungkook paid no attention to it as he ate his food during lunch break. He had better things to do.

"Jimin... it's been so long I can't believe he said he would come....I have no idea what he has been upto... I miss him..." Taehyung sighs.

Jimin and Taehyung had been pretty close before Jimin went back to his hometown when his grandma fell sick and they naturally fell out of touch due to their busy lives. Jimin didn't have social media.

Jimin? - Jungkook's eyes widen

Jungkook clears his throat

"...I will see if I can come... no promises though..."

Taehyung's eyes widened "That means Yes in my book!"

Taehyung is excited to finally reunite with his ex classmates

Jungkook sighs as he reminisces about Jimin

**

Jungkook and Jimin were classmates. They have been in the same class almost every year. They never really spoke to each other. Jimin was the quiet shy type and he stuck to being studious. Jungkook was more into the school sports and extracurricular activities. As you can see, they didn't really need to nor had a chance to interact with each other, that was till they both got to be in a science project together. Ever since then, they started smiling at each other if their eyes met across the room, they started hanging out with mutual friends for picnics or movie nights. The two slowly developed feelings for each other, especially when Jungkook started saving Jimin from his clumsy self. Jimin almost always found himself in Jungkook's arms somehow.

It was obvious to everyone except them that they were in love with each other but the timings just weren't right for them to confess - for a while Jungkook thought Y/N was Jimin's girlfriend, only to later find out that she was his cousin and by that time Jimin had already left to Busan as his grandma was sick.

**

The reunion night

Jimin had just entered the venue when he trips over his own feet

"Still clumsy huh?" Jungkook chuckles as he catches the boy who tripped

Jimin's eyes widen when he sees the man after 10 years

"J-Jungkook..."

Jungkook smiles wide

"You remember me? I feel lucky..." Jungkook chuckles making Jimin giggle

"How can I ever forget you?" Jimin smiles making Jungkook's heart skip a beat

It was now or never. Jungkook can't keep hiding his feelings

"Jimin...I.."

"Oh sorry... I am getting a call..." Jimin excuses himself to receive the call and returns shortly