6| Bunking And Aftermath

Börja om från början

"I got it from Maa. She had really long hair. You... you used to comb her hair every night before sleeping." Shivansh spoke hesitantly. But the softness in his voice made Prithviraj's heart crack. 

The boy didn't remember everything about his mother but he can vividly remember his father making his mother sit on the bed before sleeping. As a child, he thought it was a normal gesture. But as he grew up, he realized how obsessed his father was with his mother's hair. He used to comb it every night before sleeping. He faintly remembers the blush on his mother's cheeks. 

"How... how was your mother?" The monarch asked softly. He never encountered a woman for whom he would gladly go down to his knees and comb her hair. The mere thought of it made the King blush profusely. 

His different version was surely leading a pathetic life. But then why was he jealous of himself? 

"I don't remember much but she was a really sweet lady. Unlike you, she never raised her voice at me." The boy teased his father, and the monarch rolled his eyes at the kid. 

He grabbed the hairbrush and started combing his boy's hair. Shivansh almost whined when he saw his father doing the side partition. He gave too much of good—boy vibe in this hairstyle. And it ruined his badboy personality.

"You look adorable." Prithviraj tried compensating for ruining his hairstyle by pressing a kiss on his forehead and complimenting him. 

Shivansh hated to admit how his heart almost cried in joy when he felt the familiar scent of love and belonging from his father's affection. No matter how much he disliked the side partition of his hair, it didn't matter when his father was smiling at him so briefly. 

But his smile dropped when his father tucked the other half of his shirt. He scowled at the old man, who smiled cheekily in response. 

"Who even made this stupid rule?" Shivansh cried out, and Prithviraj chose not to answer his question. 

Only when his silence stretched longer than he intended, Shivansh glared at his father with his mouth open. 

"You made this stupid rule in this kingdom, didn't you? You are such a bad fashion icon." Shivansh shouted on the top of his lungs and all Prithviraj could offer was a hearty chuckle. 

<> <> <>

That afternoon, Shivansh was bored. He had been a good boy for three days straight. He attended all the classes, he was doing his homework, and paying attention in class. But that was the limit of his obedience. So he decided to have some fun. 

He didn't sit the lecture that followed lunch. Instead, he followed a group who were planning to bunk classes. Honestly, Shivansh wasn't going to join them. He wouldn't step out of the school. He was not stupid. The moment he steps out of the school, his father would be informed without a second of delay. 

But his plan changed when he saw the kids having trouble escaping the school. He had been a pro in bunking back in his days. Gone were the good days when he was a nobody, and no one was interested in his affairs. He could easily bunk his school and nobody made a scene out of it. But ever since he teleported here, everybody was interested in him. 

The boy would fart and it would make it to the news

He would trend online by just sneezing once. 

He realized one thing after traveling universes. Media was the same everywhere. Or maybe the fathers too, but that's not the point. Media is as power and views hungry as it had been on Earth. If not, the media was worse here. He can't commit mischief without making it to the front page of the newspaper.